Shanika
Beginner October 2020

covid 19 Dessert Tables

Shanika, on March 6, 2021 at 8:49 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 7
Saved

Greetings,

I am trying to get information and ideas about how to set up my dessert table due to COVID! We are doing cupcakes, cookies, and donuts! Thanks for the help in advance!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Shanika, on March 7, 2021 at 7:31 AM
  • Katie
    Rockstar August 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Hi Shanika! We had the same issue with our cookie table. We bought a mix of clear bags and favor bags to put them in. My sweet MIL made labels for each kind of cookie bag. Our venue had strict rules that all displayed desserts were to be individually wrapped. Hope this helps ❤️
  • Shanika
    Beginner October 2020
    Shanika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much for your reply!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Love pp idea of individually wrapped or boxed dessert!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

The desserts should be prepackaged by the bakery.

• Sharonda
    Rockstar January 2021
    Sharonda ·
    • Flag
    My husband is a hobby baker, and we set up a dessert bar of his homemade cakes, candies and cookies at our welcome reception. Before the reception, we sliced the cakes and individually wrapped them and also individually wrapped the candies (pralines) and cookies. We placed each treat on pretty trays with place cards in from of them identifying the snacks. We placed small navy gift bags (from Dollar Tree) at the beginning of the bar and encouraged our guests with a sign that said “Dessert Bar — Love is Sweet ... Take a Treat (Or Two or a Few).” They were able to grab and go or grab and eat while at the welcome reception. I was worried about the look of the individually packaged treats, but it was just fine. Press and seal and zipped sandwich bags were our friends! The dessert bar was a hit!!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Maybe something like this...
    covid 19 Dessert Tables 1

• Shanika
    Beginner October 2020
    Shanika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Smiley smile