Shawna
Just Said Yes November 2019

Couples getting married on November 2, 2019

Shawna, on August 2, 2019 at 11:18 PM Posted in Planning 2 16
Saved
Go girls, anyone getting married outside and care to share some of your ceremony ideas? I am hoping to stretch it longer than 15-20 mins. Thanks

16 Comments

Latest activity by Hira, on October 15, 2019 at 4:39 PM
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married indoors, but sharing you and FH's love story is a great addition your guests would love!

• Toni
    Expert November 2019
    Toni ·
    • Flag
    Hi Wedding Twin! We are getting married outside the same day. I would love ideas too! Other than our blended family sand ceremony I can’t think of anything
  • Shawna
    Shawna ·
    • Flag
    Hi girls, we are doing a soil ceremony and adding sand to a potted plant. Myself, groom, and his son will all pour sand into one pot as a family that will grow together . I need more ideas though.
  • Brittany
    Dedicated November 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

Yay, Wedding Twins!!

We are getting married outside (weather permitting) I've made shawls with dark green plaid fabric to put in a basket in case anyone gets a little chilly.

We are having a hand fasting ceremony and having some of our family members do a few readings.

• Toni
    Expert November 2019
    Toni ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love that!
  • Future Mrs. Danger
    Expert November 2019
    Future Mrs. Danger ·
    • Flag

Hello date twin! Getting married outside. We are doing a German tradition of sawing a birch log in half, to symbolize out first task as a married couple. (I am German and my parents will freaking love it) I will later use the birch log pieces for some crafts to display in our house.

• Shawna
    Shawna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh I love that idea-the first task as a married couple. I’m Italian and he is a few different backgrounds so I’ll look up something maybe we can do. Love it!!
  • Future Mrs. Danger
    Expert November 2019
    Future Mrs. Danger ·
    • Flag
    Awesome!! Good luck!
  • Cheryl
    Beginner November 2019
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag

Hi date twin! I will be getting married outside and our officiant suggested a wine box ceremony. We talked about it and we decided that we really liked the concept, but we will be using a bottle of whiskey instead because neither FH or I drink wine. The officiant said doing that would help stretch the ceremony out a bit, to about half an hour.

• Shawna
    Shawna ·
    • Flag
    Hi, what’s a wine box ceremony?
  • Andrea
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    Hello,
    we are having a small ceremony and just a chill reception at a hall with our family and friends and all you can eat tacos 😁
  • Yamina
    Beginner November 2019
    Yamina ·
    • Flag
    Getting married outside!! I hope California weather does not disappoint me!!! ☀️☀️
  • Yamina
    Beginner November 2019
    Yamina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What is a hand fasting ceremony?
  • Brittany
    Dedicated November 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Handfasting is the practice of couples committing to each other by having their hands tied together with braid, or something similar, and exchanging rings and vows in a traditional non-religious ceremony. Knots are often tied in the braid at the making of each vow. You choose a few different cords and each color has a special meaning. Its where the phrase "to tie the knot" comes from.

• Yamina
    Beginner November 2019
    Yamina ·
    • Flag
    Hmmmm ok, well I'm walking down some stairs then down the isle, so my grandson is walking me half way and my son the rest of the way .. stopping with each for a few seconds, we are also having my niece come up before we are pronounced man and wife and she's callip up to the stage his sons and my kids to have a prayer uniting our two families. 😊😊
  • Hira
    Hira ·
    • Flag

We're getting married at a winery (ceremony inside and reception outside). I can't wait for everything to come together!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics