Skip to main content
Katie
Beginner June 2022

Couples getting married on May 23, 2021

Katie, on September 11, 2019 at 7:58 AM Posted in Planning 2 9
Saved
Hey date twins!!
I wanna make new friends and get to know each other!

~How did you meet your significant other?
~Whose doing a destination wedding?
~Whose doing a destination bachelorette party?
~What's your theme and colors?
~How long have you been engaged to your significant other?

My answers:
~I knew of my significant other, as I went to school with his sister, and then randomly we started talking on Facebook, and then two months later, two days before Christmas, we got together. I moved in a year later, have been living together since.
~I'm doing a destination wedding in Seattle Washington! I adore how gorgeous it is, and have always dreamed of having the waterfront and city views as part of my wedding
~I'm wanting to do a destination bachelorette party but not entirely sure where exactly. I prefer to drive so don't want somewhere super far.
~Our theme is more of a waterfront/city theme, and colors are turquoise, purple, and rose gold
~My significant other and I have been engaged for 2.5 years!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Cassi, on June 1, 2020 at 12:47 PM
  • Kaitlyn
    Devoted May 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag

We are date twins a year apart, FH and I are getting married 5/23 2020!!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Katie!! Welcome to the community! It’s so great to have you join us!!

It was great to read a little bit about you! Thanks for sharing!

How is your planning going? Have you made any exciting wedding planning decisions yet?

• Katie
    Beginner June 2022
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's going good. Stressful and expensive, but worth it. Planning on my own with friends help.
    I've already mostly decided on the venue I want. Met with an amazing photographer and have another meeting next week with one, but will more than likely go with the first one.
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It sounds like you are taking some great steps! What is your venue like?

• Katie
    Beginner June 2022
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We haven't picked out a venue but have a couple in mind that we really like!
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's great!! What style of wedding are you planning?

• Katie
    Beginner June 2022
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Waterfront/city limits
  • Tabor
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Tabor ·
    • Flag

Hey date twins! We are just getting started here. Were supposed to get married 5/23/2020 but to many things going on at once. So making it happen in 2021! It is such an important date to us. We are so excited. Smiley smile

~ I met my fiance shopping for a vehicle (he was the seller).

~ We are not doing a destination wedding, but getting married at a beautiful ranch outside of town.

~ VEGAS for my bachelorette party in September (my bday also)

~ Theme colors are navy and yellow. Sunflowers are my FAV!

~ We got engaged Feb 2020 but have been together for 5 years.

• Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    Hi Katie I’m not a date twin exactly, but our wedding will be 5/29/2021 (close enough). 😊

I liked your discussion so I thought I’d participate😁
    •I met my fiancée on Facebook lol just sparked a random convo and went from there.•We are going a destination wedding in Destin, FL. We both decided we wanted a beach wedding and we both love Florida. Neither of us have been to destin but I’ve heard and seen pics Of how beautiful it is.•We are planning on doing a destination bachelorette also in Chicago. It’s close enough to drive and we have never traveled there either. We want our wedding to be a real experience❤️•We don’t have a wedding theme but we have a party theme and bachelorette theme the friends logo and we don’t have a wedding party, just having our friends help and participate in the planning and getting together to celebrate. They will be called our I do crew😇 (they’ll wear our colors to our wedding but I don’t want to obligate anyone to having to buy dresses and shoes and all that. Plus we only want us and our 2 children at the altar so it’s a way to include our friends and make feel special and also not overwhelm them).•Our wedding colors are Tiffany green, white and gold.•We have been engaged since 12/21/2019.•However we have been together for 5 and a half years🥰
    Happy planning and congratulations on your engagement!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics