Date twin! We picked ours because we had a 17 theme going. We started dating on the 17th, he proposed on 17th and we thought it would be cool to keep the 17th theme going, plus our wedding date is our 4.5 year anniversary. Although now I'm trying not to stress that it may not happen with this virus.
First if all I'm so sorry you had to postpone your wedding but welcome to the 7.17.20 club! Praying this will be under control by then!
Hi to all my date twins! First of all, we wanted a Friday wedding because it was cheaper. My FH's favorite number is 17. My birthday is the 20th and I thought it would be nice to be on our honeymoon for my birthday. Also FH is into leet (the internet code for swapping letters for numbers) and 717 is a funny one haha (this is more of an inside joke for us but makes us laugh).
Hi!! We were scheduled to get married on May 8th and since we had to postpone because of COVID-19, the next available date our venue had was July 17th. I'm praying and praying that everything will be ok by then!
July 17,2020 here.. we choose July 17 because it’s Friday, originally we wanna get married on the 19th coz that’s when we got engaged 2 years ago but bcoz it’s Sunday we think that we want our guest to enjoy the night with us without worrying about coming in to work the next day that’s why we pick 17th instead. I work at healthcare and it’s hard to stay positive while seeing covid patients every shift. Uhhgg. And although we sent a save to date to our guest, We are going to wait til May and see if this viruses will slow down so we can send our formal invitation.
Our original date was supposed to be July 18 because I wanted a summer wedding and for all of our guest coming from over seas thought it was better at that time since its vacation dates and stuff like that. The thing is that the venue was unavailable for that date so we chose a week earlier July 11, which I like better because fiancee's birthday 11/11.
YAY!! Wedding date twin!! Our wedding WILL happen on 7/17!! Just imagine after weeks of social distancing how amazing our wedding celebration will be!?!?
Just Said Yes
Hello! Our original date was set to be March 27 2020... due to COVID-19 we had to postpone to July 17, 2020. With most off the State of PA still under the stay at home order, I cannot trust that we will be able to have our wedding in JULY much less even send out our new invites. Our venue Woodstone Country Club is starting to be extremely vague about the future, and also has told us all of our prices would increase if we would have to move our wedding to 2021. Any one else dealing with this?
In Albany NY on 7/17/20. NY is re-opening different regions in the state in 4 phases, two weeks each. It's unclear if weddings are in phase 3 or 4. We are waiting to see if our region goes into phase 1 by 5/15 or 6/1 (depending on which phase). If we are not in phase 1 by then, we will postpone. Our venue allowed us to put a peace of mind hold on a future date, but no Fridays or Saturdays left in 2020. If we go to 2021 we have to re-pay our original deposit. Still waiting to see what happens.
Hi Brittany. We are in Buffalo NY and our wedding date was moved from 5/30 to July 18th. We are watching the news daily to see if they are more clear about what phase weddings are allowed. There are so many mixed signals - some say they will be phase 3, some say phase 4, some say there will be a limit on how many guests can attend. The waiting is so difficult! Thinking of you during this difficult time!
View Quoted Comment
I’m holding onto a string of hope they we can do something safely on 7/17. Wish you the best with your region’s phases! I wish we could get clarification if weddings were 3 or 4.
Just Said Yes
Finally my venue got back to me and is willing to honor our contract and original prices even if we have to move our date to 2021. We chose to postpone for a SECOND TIME. We moved our wedding to the same weekend in March we originally had booked but to 2021.
All of my vendors are being so accommodating. I feel relieved that I'm not stuck in the gray-area of whether or not our July wedding would happen, but still a little sad we have to move our date this far out. By the way, if you used Shutterfly for your Save the Dates or invitations they are reprinting them at no cost as well as free shipping. I am going to do a different save the date and they said that is fine as well as long as its priced the same.
I am wishing all of you the very best in this uncertain time!
We were going to get married before our license expired but when covid hit we changed it to July 17 since our license will expire again in august and right now with everything going on we will post pone the date for next year for a big reception ❤️❤️