A
Just Said Yes December 2019

Couples getting married on December 31, 2019 in Ohio

Atiya, on April 24, 2019 at 1:07 PM Posted in Ohio Planning
Fellow NYE couples: Are you all going for the gold, silver, and black traditional NYE colors? I’m struggling with winter colors. Do you all feel the need to keep your colors seasonal?
Share:

2 Comments

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·

Hey Atiya!! Congratulations on your engagement! What a wonderful time to get married! What made you and your SO choose NYE for your wedding? Does it have a special significance for you?

You certainly don’t have to go for the traditional gold, silver and black for your wedding colors. It’s your wedding! Choose the colors that you want!

There are some great resources on WeddingWire to help you narrow down what wedding colors would suit your wedding and style. I found this article about winter colors that you might like to have a look at - 16 Winter Wedding Color Palettes for a Festive Celebration. There is also the Color Palette Generator that is fun to see some suggestions based on your chosen season. Have you thought of any colors you would love to choose, but are worried that it isn’t a winter color? There is certainly no reason to feel like you can’t incorporate it!

• A
    Just Said Yes December 2019
    Atiya Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for your reply! There are a couple reasons we chose New Years Eve. The first reason is because this will be the first NYE I haven’t had to work in 7 years lol

also, we are looking at it as stepping into our new lives. Ryan’s baby brother (and best man) passed away in a car accident a couple weeks ago so it symbolizes our new normal. Also, we had decided that since I would not be working, we were going to have a NYE to remember with family and friends.

Colors: We want winter colors, but really want to honor Cody and use his favorite color, orange, in some way.

Comment on this discussion