We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Anaya
Just Said Yes December 2020

Couples getting married on December 19, 2020

Anaya, on August 8, 2019 at 12:45 PM Posted in Planning 3 25
Saved Save
Hi date twins!! What have you all done so far? And what’s the hardest about planning? I feel like I’m way behind! 🤦🏾‍♀️ Procrastination at its finest!

25 Comments

Latest activity by AllyFram, on November 19, 2020 at 7:41 AM
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Anaya! Congratulations on your engagement!

Starting to plan your wedding can be daunting but a lot of couples in this community are planning their first wedding too so you are definitely not alone!

Have you settled on a budget and guest count? You can then start looking at venues and thinking about your style of wedding!

• Jocelyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations date twin!!!

First off, you’re not alone. I actually got engaged in April and we just finally set the date. We were initially going to do August 2020 but all factors included, December 2020 worked best. I have to say choosing a venue/date and guest list are the hardest for us. I say venue/date because we’re set on doing it next year (that was a definite), but the venue we fell in love with was booked for the ideal season. We’ve also hired our wedding planner and I pretty much just have a lot of ideas on Pinterest that I’ve collected over the years haha. Some minor planning we’ve done is compiling some of our favorite songs we want played during certain parts of the wedding (as guests are arriving to the ceremony, grand entrance song, etc.), and I’ve casually started getting stuff together to ask my girlfriends to be my bridesmaids.

Congrats again and best wishes!
  • Anaya
    Anaya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Great!! So we actually found the perfect venue today and booked it! We were pretty lucky that it wasn’t booked for next year!! I feel so much better that the planning is starting to come together! We’re starting to finish the guest list, look at save the date ideas & music! We’re trying to plan month by month hopefully lol, but I wish you well on your journey!! And congratulations!!!
  • Anna
    Just Said Yes December 2021
    Anna ·
    • Flag

Hi Anaya,

CONGRATS! Guess we're wedding date twins haha,

We have started looking for venues, felt overwhelmed on how expensive weddings could be. Luckily we found a hidden gem with our date available in our little country town. We have started forming a guest list and almost finalizing it. Our next step is to look at save the dates! We are having a christmas/winter wedding!

-Anna

• Katlyn
    Devoted December 2021
    Katlyn ·
    • Flag

Hey there date twin!! I have been engaged since April, so we have had some time to get some researching done. To date, we have venues booked as well as catering, photography and wedding cake. I also bought my dress back in Aug/Sept. As far as the hardest decision yet, first was picking a reception venue. One piece of advice I have is look at all the possible places in person, cuz you might change your mind once you see it in person. Also deciding between live music or just a DJ has been a tough one. Honestly you are not behind at all!! I think 10-12 months out is a perfect time to start getting things in order.

• Kayse
    Devoted December 2020
    Kayse ·
    • Flag

I postponed to this date. How are you guys doing?

• A
    Beginner December 2020
    AllyFram ·
    • Flag

I just postponed to this date as well. Had to find all new vendors so that is fun to do this all again.

• Soon To Be a Melendez
    Savvy December 2020
    Soon To Be a Melendez ·
    • Flag
    I am getting fitted for my dress now, making my invites, took engagement photos, and now that stores are opening looking for decorations!!
  • Tannia
    Tannia ·
    • Flag

Anaya you got this!!!! Smiley heart

I got engaged a month ago. Getting married in December in Maryland. What I find a bit stressful is planning long distance as both my groom and I live in Vancouver, Canada. We are doing it in MD to be with his family. I have my dress ordered, bridal party arranged, guest list finalized, BM and MoH dresses ordered, save the dates ready to send out, invitations ready, Found the Church and arranged it, Found my transportation, decided on colour, I found a venue for reception and out of town guests but I am waiting to hear back they never call me - THAT is stressing me out.

• Katlyn
    Devoted December 2021
    Katlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I understand completely. I have been living in the Caribbean most of my engagement, and I returned to the States to avoid being locked out, so to speak. My fiance and I live in Texas but the wedding is going to be in New York where his family lives. Planning while out of the country is hard, no doubt.

• Katlyn
    Devoted December 2021
    Katlyn ·
    • Flag

Hi date siblings, are any of you having large weddings over 200 people?? Due to the way the coronavirus situation has been panning out, I am concerned that I may need to postpone until it is safe to have this large a gathering. We are having a Catholic wedding. When are y'all making the final call? Any advice?

• Maddie
    Maddie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Katlyn! I am planning currently to have over 200 people - also catholic wedding. Where are you getting married? I’ll be in Memphis TN. I’m assuming the church will be 50-75% capacity allowed (for us will be 120) and we have 300 invited. If that happens I will ask people to come straight to reception instead of both. My reception venue can hold up to 800 people and I think out of 300 invited 200 will come with everything going on. Hopefully masks/ sanitizer stations will be enough 🙏🏼
  • Maddie
    Maddie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Forgot to add! Waiting to make call until September/ October when rest of deposits are due. We’ve paid so much money down, and I’m not sure if the venue will let us reschedule without paying more.
  • Katlyn
    Devoted December 2021
    Katlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We are getting married in Buffalo, NY. Right now the state is only allowing weddings up to 50 people. Our photographer has told us that more than likely that restriction will be for the rest of the year. What about the elderly family and friends? Are yours attending or are they choosing to celebrate from afar? My grandmother had a relapse with her cancer and several members of my immediate family have chronic conditions, so even if we are somehow able to still have a wedding I am concerned about if it will be safe enough for my family to be around a large amount of other people.

• Maddie
    Maddie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh man that’s a hard decision. Is your venue flexible? We booked before Covid so it’s hard for us to move and Memphis has still had normal weddings (like 300 people with no masks)... definitely a different approach to covid in the south unfortunately. I am worried for my 80 year old grandparents. I think if we are unable to move dates they will come and wear masks and leave early - but stay at the ceremony because we could limit their exposure there in the church. Our grandparents are healthy, but it would make a harder decision with a cancer relapse and close family with chronic conditions. I’m sorry you have this on your plate! If your venue allows you to move, that may give you more peace about your decisions! 🙏🏼 Also... by October we may know how bad flu season will be. If it’s a bad flu season I think I may move even if we can’t get the deposits back.
  • A
    Alesia ·
    • Flag

Hi I’m just getting started so we are far behind as well. We are planning on having something small

• B
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

Hello!

We had originally planned to get married 5/23/2020 but postponed to 12/19/2020 due to covid! We just had to downsize our wedding from 125 to 45 guests and change our venue but we are so excited to finally get this done!! We have been planning since February of 2018 so we are ready to get married!!

• Erica
    Savvy December 2020
    Erica ·
    • Flag
    Hello everyone, this is also my post pon
  • Erica
    Savvy December 2020
    Erica ·
    • Flag
    Any Ohio brides out there who just found out that now we can't have any dancing at our weddings as of Wednesday 11/11/20. SHM...I am so over all of this...none of it has been fun. Only stressed! And the FH is not helping only making things worse. We already changed from September 5 to Dec 19...bc he was scared and worried then...and to add insult to injury it was an absolutely beautiful day on 9/5/20. There are 35 days left and he is wanting to change bc of the no dancing... I don't know what to do anymore with all of it. I'm so not at all happy or excited about any of it. Any suggestions on what to do at a wedding with no dancing??? Do we think the rules might be different by Dec 19??? Any clarity you can send my way would be wondeful.
  • B
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    Anyone beyond tired of relatives and friends asking if you are going to postpone your wedding or what your backup plan is? This WAS our backup plan. Just had to cancel my bachelorette party today too. I am sooo over 2020.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles