Hey y’all, I’m looking to gather opinions and see what other brides are doing. I’m in TN where we have about 18 cases, 2 in the county I live in but none where my venue is. My wedding is April 18 so most of my balances are due next week. I feel like if I’m going to postpone I need to make a decision but it seems too early to do that right now given the situation. I’m not sure what to think. I’m crushed at the thought of not getting married as my fiancé and I are chose our 7 year anniversary to get married on. Never thought worst case scenario for my wedding would be postponing due to a pandemic.
Hey there! It is definitely heartbreaking, and you are not alone in trying to navigate this difficult situation. We were supposed to get married on April 4th, but after talking last night we decided that it wasn't going to be worth it. His mom is severely immunocompromised, and she isn't the only one terrified with travel and flying. If we went with our date, we'd end up with mostly my immediate family, and no one would actually enjoy themselves.
So we decided to postpone the date if our vendors will let us. We still want to have the big event, but right now it feels like too much risk. It was by no means an easy decision, and I cried a lot. But our current plan is to elope in a small ceremony around our date, then have the bigger event in the fall. Deep breaths! Deciding what to do is going to be tough and up to you guys. A lot of people will say try to go ahead, but only you know your situation and what that looks like. Good luck! I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I'm sending you and all affected brides giant tubs of your favorite ice cream.
View Quoted Comment
Thank you! Please send chocolate chip ice cream to this California bride. Let’s binge on ice cream and cookies together. We just postponed our wedding too. It was supposed to be next Sunday. 😭
We're putting a hold on our wedding bc it in May . if April things are the same will have to cancel till next yr. I feel as of now move forward and ask your venue what would be the odds if you guys cancel
I would talk to your venue. If they cancel or if there is a state mandated shut down, will they refund your money. Get that in writing. Assume they agree to refund your money, move forward with the wedding. Even if if is just you and your FH your wedding will be amazing! This all sucks, so try to make the best of it. You are marrying your FH!!!
Many venus/vendors are making exceptions for this pandemic. Speak to them about and what to do is fewer guest show up or the event is cancelled due to government restrictions. My venue is willing to work with me on a postponement or changing my guest count, so I am waiting until March 30th to make a decision (April 11th wedding).
From what I can tell from the virus we have the next few weeks to stop the escalation of the virus and contain it. And the news is changing constantly, I don't know what will happen tomorrow let alone in 4 weeks. I am hoping things will be better by then? Lol
I would definitely reach out to your vendors, they will probably be accommodating considering its a worldwide issue. A lot of individuals on here are planning to still get married for the date somewhere small and intimate ( immediate family) but then postpone the wedding - have the full what you originally planned -ceremony and all at a later date. Have you guys discussed this considering your date is so meaningful?
My heart goes out to every bride in the current situation. It is a painful time. I wish you two the best. It all comes down to what is more important, the celebration or the date.