We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Rachel
Beginner October 2020

Coronavirus

Rachel, on March 12, 2020 at 9:15 AM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save
Reply
Hi all,



My mother is panicking about my wedding on May 29, 2020. Invitations are supposed to go out the end of this month. We've been on the phone with our vendors and they seem willing to work with us in the event our state mandates no private or public events.
My fiance and I have a contigency plan if it gets postponed. I'm getting sad about it all. Need some advice right now. Other brides what are you doing?

13 Comments

  • Virginia
    Expert August 2020
    Virginia ·
    • Flag

    My wedding is in 28 days. I am freaking out. No advice over here.

    • Reply
  • Patricia
    Beginner December 2020
    Patricia ·
    • Flag

    Good Morning! I am getting married the 18th of April and as of right now everything is remaining as planned. I am praying that this is over by then.

    • Reply
  • kymarmck
    Super March 2020
    kymarmck ·
    • Flag

    We are just planning per usual. We get married next Saturday and I'm hoping nothing changes between now and then.

    I think if you have a contingency plan then you're all good Smiley smile

    • Reply
  • A
    Expert May 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

    My wedding is May 24th and we are proceeding as usual. We will be having this wedding unless there is a city/state/federal mandate. It may have less people than we originally planned if people choose not to come or travel, but I am not worried about that.

    • Reply
  • J
    Savvy September 2020
    Joy ·
    • Flag
    Mine is in 17 days and I have about 20 people coming from out of town (close family). I’m getting a little concerned, but mostly because of their air travel.
    • Reply
  • Eshell
    Devoted January 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    By Memorial Day weekend you should be fine ... do not stresssss .... by then it should be under control.
    • Reply
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    What’s your contingency plan ?
    • Reply
  • Rachel
    Beginner October 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    Plan A - send out invitations per normal plan. If the GOV mandates no public or private events, then we notify guests we are still getting married on the 29th at the church and will live stream the ceremony and postpone the reception. Cannot get a refund from vendors. If problem resolves then original plan is a go. We think we want to add an extra card explaining this to guests so they are prepared before. Still need to talk to the family.


    Plan B? - reduce guest list and move the reception before invites go out

    • Reply
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

    We're getting married May 30. At this point, I have no plans to cancel, and none of my guests have said they might not make it. Most everyone is local-ish (within driving distance), but I do have a couple of people travelling from So. Cal (I'm in No. Cal). I think my brother and his wife have decided to drive up from San Diego, rather than flying which was their original plan. But unless my venue tells me they won't allow my wedding to go forward, then we're going forward!

    Good luck to you. I hope you don't have to postpone.

    • Reply
  • L
    Devoted August 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is May 30th and I'm definitely stressing, but not changing anything yet. I'm trying to wait until mid april to see where this thing is at before beginning to make decisions.
    • Reply
  • Rachel
    Beginner October 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    Update: with the national emergency and recommendations from the CDC were deciding to postpone the wedding. Were looking at October 2020 because we first got together in October. We feel relieved we can postpone.
    • Reply
  • Karen
    Beginner May 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    We are May 16th and so far we are a go. My Dad is freaking out too. He's never been an optimist... Everyone else is hoping all will be well for us. And thankfully my FH remains calm enough and optimistic enough to talk me off the edge when anxiety flares! We decided last night to continue to wait & see. Hugs!
    • Reply
  • Rachel
    Beginner October 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    We officially postponed the wedding to October. We're feeling so relieved it all worked out. Our reasoning was that we didnt want to risk the CDC potentially extending the gathering ban. Just praying it gets better soon 🙏🏼
    • Reply

Comment on this discussion

×

Related articles