You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Just Said Yes July 2020

Corona Virus

Astin, on March 23, 2020 at 11:00 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 3
Saved Save
So we went with Naimoli Estates but now this Corona virus is out and because of it we can’t have the ceremony because one, we don’t know when the mess is gonna clear up, and two, we are military and it’s hard getting our family and friends on the same page. Get this though, my mother signed a contract for the rental of the place, the lodge and barn. We paid for it on full. Then myself and my fiancé went and planned out vendors for a cake and DJ and all that stuff. Added up pretty quick. Now that we want to cancel, she is saying we can’t get any of the money back even though the wedding was supposed to be in July and I haven’t eaten a piece of cake or danced to a DJ spinning tunes. We never signed a contract for each individual vendor that SHE recommended and now she doesn’t want to give us any of our money back. I understand if she wanted to keep the money for the venue but what does that have to do with decorations and other things that haven’t been set up or cake that hasn’t been eaten, pictures that haven’t been taken. Does anyone know what I should do. Again, my mother signed a contact for the venue, myself and my husband never signed anything.


  • Rosilus
    Dedicated July 2020
    Rosilus ·
    • Flag

    Your mother should have a copy of the contract. Go over it slowly word for word. Contract should have a way to get out of them. Good Luck!!!

    • Reply
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

    To clarify, you put down money on vendors that you didn't even have a contract with? This wasn't a smart move on either of your parts. I'm not sure how much recourse you really have at this point. Have you considered postponing instead of canceling?

    • Reply
  • Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

    I'm sorry Astin. Is it your mother that isn't giving your money back, or the venue, or the other vendors? Is it possible to still go ahead with a July wedding? We are seeing a lot of our July couples holding out a while longer before they cancel - July 2020 Weddings - Do you think it's all going to be ok by then?

    • Reply

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics