N
Just Said Yes July 2015

Confused about plus ones and the online RSVP!!

Nicole, on June 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save

Hi all,

I just joined the site and wanted to use all of the awesome planning tools! But I'm having an issue. I started entering all of my guests names (we want to use the online RSVP on the personalized website thing) but I'm a little confused as to how to enter the plus ones? I don't know all of their names. Am I supposed to ask for the name before sending the invitations? Otherwise I don't see how they will be able to RSVP because you use the name to RSVP on the website. Or is there a way to attach and plus one onto a person?

Any tips here?

Thanks in advance!

5 Comments

• E + K
    Super July 2014
    E + K ·

Add another person to their household called "Guest". When a person pulls up their name and clicks RSVP, it pulls up everyone in their household also and they can accept or decline for each. You don't have to search each person individually.

• Holly
    Expert September 2014
    Holly ·

This is good to know, thank E+K .... Like Nicole, we thought about using it, but I havent even tried it yet. lol

• E + K
    Super July 2014
    E + K ·

I'm using it exclusively. Everyone we are inviting knows how to use the internet and it is one less thing to misplace, plus it saves money. It has been working fine for us so far.

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

We used it exclusively. Be prepared for people who can't find the site and give up (we have a friend in her 20s do it) or people to RSVP via email or your mom, which happens anyway. It didn't bother me much, since I didn't pay for stamps or anything.

But yeah, you just have to name them guest last name and request that they send the guests actual name.

• Elle
    Master March 2015
    Elle ·

For plus ones, I literally called them that.

Example:

Sarah (Bridesmaid) doesn't have a SO right now, but all my other attendants do, so I gave her a plus one. Her plus one's name in the guest list is Sarah (last name) Plus 1. Since her plus one is listed under her household on the guest list, if she (or her plus one) types in her full name on my wedding website it will pull up both her and her plus one, so that the rsvp can be submitted.

Does that help at all?

Comment on this discussion