Ugh. Our long-awaited official European honeymoon will have to wait even longer. I've been upset for couples whose venue won't refund their money due to COVID. Now it's my turn. After three filed claims and two calls, Norweigan Airlines won't refund our money (even though the flight is cancelled). They say it may take 10 weeks for a refund but I'm worried because the airline isn't looking good. Several have already filed for bankruptcy (American Eagle--Compass, Virgin Australia).
If we do eventually get a refund, we'll probably wait until 2021 for a trip because we don't want to risk giving money to an airline, hotel, or tour company that could go bankrupt AFTER taking our money (sadly, if we don't get a refund, no European honeymoon because hubby is also on furlough now for several months. I know losing honeymoon flight money isn't the end of the world if we still have our health and food on the table but I just need to vent right now).
Anyone else holding off on a summer/fall 2020 honeymoon, or wedding, because of bankruptcy concerns about airlines, hotels, venues, etc?