We never planned to postpone our wedding and (until a week ago) we were going to continue forward unless the venue canceled on us. But, with the number of events going on in the country right now, it grew very necessary to have “THE Conversation”. So after taking a good and honest look at reality, we concluded that it’s best to postpone. However, I don’t believe that every couple needs to cancel their Fall wedding, because the composition of each event is unique. This decision is specific to OUR wedding situation. Between the pandemic, the states opening up sooner (and less safely) than we expected, now the protests occurring and the fact that the year is just an overall shhht-show... we decided to “chuck up the deuce” to 2020✌🏽. So, this 10/10/20 bride turned into 10/2/21 bride... from 120 days to 477 days!!! Although the wait may have increased... the excitement has not decreased 😁
FH and I, and 100% of our guests have to travel to attend our Las Vegas destination wedding. Due to that, our 65 guests have to stay 1-2 nights and we’re hosting a fun wedding weekend to thank them. But comfortably doing that in the next 4 months isn’t very feasible. Also, we’d rather wait to see how cases pan out now that life is re-opening again.
But the biggest confirmation of our postponement plan was seeing these ridiculous scenes of Las Vegas today (a few casinos opened last weekend). It solidified my COMPLETE COMFORT in canceling. The saddest part is that these visitors will return to their respective cities/states after closely intermingling with others while unmasked. 🤦🏽♀️