Amy
Savvy July 2020

Colorful with navy

Amy, on May 23, 2019 at 9:43 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 13
Saved Save
Hi everyone! I love this site. Ok, so here is my issue. I am trying to plan my wedding decor around navy and gold. The venue is beautiful...it's mostly white with lots of wood and exposed beams. Built in the 20s. The tablecloths are white. The chairs are a light gray. The event coordinator there told me that she has navy napkins I could use. I love the idea of navy and gold with a pink accent. More of a faded pink like David's Bridal ballet color for bridesmaids dresses. I have been working with these colors but am getting bored with them. I love color!!! I had pink vases then ordered small yellow and red vases to clump together with lots of babys breath, greens and roses. I was thinking of doing some other flowers but definitely keeping it light and romantic feeling. As I branch off with my wild and crazy ideas lol...I keep remembering I wanted to incorporate that navy. The venue has these pretty lead glass diamond windows with brightly colored (red, yellow, blue) stained glass shields and the windows let all the light in...so I picture the colored glass vases looking super colorful and whimsical/romantic as you walk in with the light behind them. Does this make any sense? I am trying to use the venue as is since it's so beautiful and tie it in to the theme. Does anyone have any pictures of colorful glass bud vases, white linen with colorful centerpieces. Anything like that? I've done some searching but no luck with navy too. Smiley smile Smiley winking

13 Comments

• Amy
    Savvy July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I wanted to include pics of the venue but it doesn't work
  • Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra ·
    • Flag

I'm trying to picture it, is this kind of what you're talking about for vases?

Colorful with navy 1

Colorful with navy 2

• Amy
    Savvy July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    Kinda! I don't see how to post pics. :/
  • Jennifer
    Expert October 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    It's easiest to post pictures through the app. We're doing a really colorful floral palette, with white linens and peach/ nude as the sort of running color. Peach napkins, peach- nude MoH dress. The men's ties will just be black. Overall we're trying to keep a very light, bright, colorful feeling. These are our photos. Going for a very random mixed look.

Colorful with navy 3
  • Amy
    Savvy July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I downloaded the app! These are just two collages and there are two pics of the venue in there. The diamond windows are in the center of the ballroom then all along the rest of it are pretty wood doors with large windows, so ths whole wall is windows basically. Imagine navy candy boxes, navy napkins, navy card box, navy adarondak chairs on top of the cake. Etc. Does navy work with this??? Smiley smile

Colorful with navy 4

Colorful with navy 5
  • Amy
    Savvy July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    Also those bridesmaids are just from the internet, to throw in the color of the dresses I like. I don't know them! Smiley smile
  • Amy
    Savvy July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    Here is one with some navy...

Colorful with navy 6
  • Christine
    Dedicated August 2019
    Christine ·
    • Flag

You're in luck--blue is my color as well, so I have a bunch of inspiration pics that I've saved! Hope some of these help.

I really love colored tablecloths!Colorful with navy 7Little touches through the table settingColorful with navy 8You could add color with menusColorful with navy 9Blue glassware, candles, etc.Colorful with navy 10

Colored napkins?Colorful with navy 11

• Christine
    Dedicated August 2019
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Vases like this?Colorful with navy 12

• Amy
    Savvy July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    Those are beautiful. Very nice inspiration. I was asking because I bought everything that I was posting. I already have it all but was having second thoughts about the navy match ing. The table cloths are white
  • Selena
    Super September 2019
    Selena ·
    • Flag
    I think navy goes great with your inspiration photos and the bright flowers!
  • Amy
    Savvy July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I am going to roll with it! Smiley smile
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am in complete agreement. Navy will look great with what you have imagined!! Yay!!

Comment on this discussion