We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jessica
Just Said Yes September 2021

Color and length of veil?? Help!

Jessica, on March 26, 2021 at 2:45 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 9
Saved Save

I’ve fallen in love with a dress that doesn’t have a train, and I want some drama for the ceremony. Would a chapel length veil look odd with it? If so, I’d go with floor length. Not personally a fan of shorter veils and I feel that cathedral could be too much.

Also, how does the white veil look with the champagne color dress? Does it work with the white detailing or should I look for something that more closely matches? I think the white makes it feel more “bridal” but don’t want it to clash. Thoughts??

Color and length of veil?? Help! 1

Color and length of veil?? Help! 2

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on March 26, 2021 at 4:05 PM
  • L
    Liz ·
    • Flag

First off, beautiful dress!

I think the white veil looks great with it. It matches with the whit pattern on the dress’s top layer. The uploaded photo with the veil doesn’t show the bottom of it, but I think a chapel length veil would work really well.

• AJ
    Devoted October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    I think it matches nice! You look beautiful!
  • Maggie
    Dedicated July 2021
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I think the combination looks good! The white detailing on your dress does help tie it together and lends to the colors blending into a cohesive look 😌 I think a chapel length veil would work well the dress since it's neither too long but also would add a little length compared to the dress. You look amazing!

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    Love the white veil with the dress, which is also stunning! I don’t think a cathedral veil would be too much. My dress has a lot of detailing and it tied in nicely with a long veil. Either way you’re gonna look gorgeous!
  • Jessica
    Devoted February 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Color and length of veil?? Help! 3
    I went with cathedral for extra drama because my train was short too. No regrets for me it made my dress Color and length of veil?? Help! 4
    Color and length of veil?? Help! 5

• M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I love your dress and the white veil looks great. I also think it's so smart to use your veil to add drama and length since veils are usually just worn for the ceremony anyway and easy to remove. That way you don't have to hassle with a dress train and bustling.

• Heather
    Devoted October 2021
    Heather ·
    • Flag

It looks great with the dress so stick with the white veil! Smiley smile

• Shelly
    Rockstar January 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

I think a white chapel veil would look great! Your dress is gorgeous by the way!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Your dress is gorgeous!! 😍

I think the white veil looks great with your dress, and you should definitely go for a chapel or cathedral length train! It will absolutely give you that same dramatic bridal feel, and you'll get some awesome pictures. 💖

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics