We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

R
Savvy July 2021

Christmas in July

Rachel, on July 16, 2020 at 3:52 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 14
Saved Save

I really love Christmas, but we decided not to get married in December because of Christmas and both of our birthday are in December. I also really like summer so we decided to get married in July. I was thinking about what kind of theme or colors I want and I'm leaning towards a Christmas in July. My fiance thinks it would be weird to have Christmasy things in the summer, but I think it would be kind of unique and different. The bridal party will already be wearing red so it would fit the theme. Any opinions?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Martha, on July 17, 2020 at 12:37 PM
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I like it aha. Who doesn’t love Christmas aha you can get a ton of cheap decor for after Xmas sales
  • Shelly
    Dedicated May 2021
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    I like this idea and think it's super cute! It's not like you just made Christmas in July up, it's an actual thing so I dont think its weird at all! I would definitely start purchasing things this Christmas as far as decor goes because I think you'll have less options when it gets closer to your wedding day.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I'm not a fan, but it's not my wedding. It does sound like you need to consider your FH's opinions more. You wanted a December wedding, but you decided not to because there's already too much going on in December so you decided on July because you like the summer, and now you want a Christmas theme. There are two people getting married here.

• Allie
    Expert November 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    Can you just add me to your guest list? I’m obsessed with Christmas and love this idea.
  • R
    Savvy July 2021
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, I thought a Christmas wedding would be very beautiful and fun. However, he is actually the one that vetoed that idea because it would be too busy of a time. We went together to look at venues. We didn't have a specific date in mind so the venue we both loved gave us several options. My family owns their own business so they have a busier time of year so we took that into consideration when deciding between the dates the venue had available. He pretty much told me all he cares about is good food, drinks and music. I run all ideas by him and he said his concern with a Christmas in July wedding is what the guests would think.

• Rebelle Fleur
    VIP January 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    I think that’s a pretty cool idea. I would love to attend a Christmas themed wedding in the summer. You are a host and it’s important to consider your guest but I wouldn’t let anyone’s opinions about your theme but the people who are paying for it affect my decision. I say go for it.
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta Online ·
    • Flag
    I’m going to preface this by saying this is your wedding, and if you and your fiancé are super into this theme, then you should absolutely do it! After all, it is a day all about the two of you!
    Now, I am going to play devils advocate a little bit. As a person who loves a themed wedding, I think there are a lot of logistics you should think about before committing to Christmas in July. For starters, when you choose to have a theme, it is so that you can completely submerge your guests into that theme. Unfortunately, I think you were going to face a lot of challenges doing that with this particular theme. When people think of Christmas, it is usually that warm, cozy feeling they think about - when they are all bundled up, with snow on the ground, and chill in the air, and Christmas lights glowing everywhere. Unfortunately, I think it will be next to impossible to create that feeling when it’s a million degrees & humid outside (unless you set the thermostat to 60° and get a snowmachine LOL). There is also the food. When I think of a Christmas themed wedding, I think of warm comfort foods with hot chocolate or hot cider. But people tend to prefer lighter, more refreshing foods in the summer. Then there is the issue with decor. One of the greatest things about having a Christmas themed wedding in the winter, is that most venues are already decorated for the holidays- less money and less work for you! If you have a Christmas theme in the summer, you will likely have to take down all of the venue’s decor (if they allow it!), and bring in everything yourself. Which means, if you are wanting Christmas trees, you are going to have to haul all those in and back out. Then, there is the wardrobe. Usually when people have a themed wedding, guests enjoy dressing in the theme. But, that will be impossible with your theme. Which means your wedding pictures will likely feature Christmas decorations with guests in flowery summer dresses. Again, I am not trying to talk you out of your theme! I am just pointing out some of the details that you may want to think about before committing to the theme and getting too far into planning and spending.
  • Countrydarlin2022
    Dedicated April 2022
    Countrydarlin2022 ·
    • Flag

,there is a episode of 4 weddings who did christmas in july weddings I love the idea but I am obsessed with Christmas

• Jana
    Rockstar October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Go for it! It sounds awesome! Many people wouldn't be able to attend in Dec due to weather affecting transportation and family obligations. If someone doesn't like your idea, they don't have to attend.
  • Alisa
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisa ·
    • Flag

I love it! i always wanted a winter snow themed wedding but realized i didnt want to be cold. this would be the perfect middle ground.

• Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    I love the idea! My theme I’ve always wanted was a winter starry night, our wedding is in November so we are technically in a fall month but we live in Florida and regardless it doesn’t get cold enough to snow lol. Plus we didn’t want to do December or January just for the fact of the holidays and people not really wanting to travel in the new year because of traveling for the holidays. Maybe show him some of your ideas.. maybe he’ll get on board with it 😊
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    How fun!!! That would be great! Plus the idea of “Christmas on July” is common. So your guests would have fun and it would be quite memorable.
  • Laquita
    Devoted July 2021
    Laquita ·
    • Flag

I think it's a fun idea, Christmas in July can be an amazing wedding theme if done right. Plus like someone else said, you can easily buy most of your decorations around/after Christmas during the sales. If you FH is up for it then I say do it, what others truly think isn't necessary & could cause you to second guess yourself.

• Martha
    Devoted October 2022
    Martha ·
    • Flag

I think this is really cute and you should go for it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles