We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jennifer
Dedicated July 2019

Changing Wedding Colors 8 Weeks Out

Jennifer, on May 19, 2019 at 6:14 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 5
Saved Save
This post is mostly just to vent, since I feel like some of you might get where I'm coming from. I am the kind of person who likes to plan everything out way in advance and my fiancé is the opposite (everything at the last minute). So as I've been envisioning our wedding in my head (and on Pinterest lol) for the last few years, he hasn't had much input or many opinions.

Our wedding is 8 weeks away and we went to get his suit yesterday. He kept saying he wanted to try things on before making any decisions about color or style, neither agreeing or disagreeing with my idea of him getting a bright blue suit. He ended up getting a grey suit with burgundy shoes, which I love on him, but it totally throws off my envisioned color scheme! After talking with friends we decided blush and burgundy would be a good way to keep our July wedding from looking too Fall (I've gotten really into seasonal colors thanks to a my nail art hobby, so even though it's silly, it was a concern for me).

Because we're eloping and not having a bridal party, the wedding colors are only really in my bouquet (which I'm making and had only barely started) and on my nails (which isn't an issue because I have every shade of nail polish imaginable). So it's actually very easy for us to switch wedding colors, I'm just having trouble emotionally letting go of "my" colors. I'm telling myself this will work out perfectly because my parents' wedding colors were grey and pink so it can be a way to honor them. But I just loved the other colors so much!

Did any of you have to change something you'd really wanted right before the wedding? If so, I hope we all find a way to decide it worked out for the best. In the long run it doesn't matter, the important thing is being married!

Changing Wedding Colors 8 Weeks Out 1

Changing Wedding Colors 8 Weeks Out 2

Changing Wedding Colors 8 Weeks Out 3

Changing Wedding Colors 8 Weeks Out 4

Changing Wedding Colors 8 Weeks Out 5

5 Comments

Latest activity by Mandi, on May 20, 2019 at 12:29 AM
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I am currently in the process of possibly adding color to our color scheme. My florist posted gorgeous blush flowers and now I'm considering adding it to our color scheme. Our wedding is only about 8 weeks as well. I think your new colors are very beautiful.
  • Amber
    Devoted May 2021
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    Unless I missed something in your post, you’re saying your original color scheme was blush and burgundy...not bright blue, burgundy and blush. He got a gray suit with burgundy shoes so he’s still keeping with the blush and burgundy theme and he could wear a blush flower. I don’t think you need to “let go” of anything! Stick with your blush and burgundy, just let go of a bright blue suit for him. I think that color combo will look great together!
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated July 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry for the confusion! I posted a picture of my original color scheme but didn't mention it in my post. The colors were royal blue and bright orchid (which I don't love with grey/burgundy, so that why I'm switching to blush and burgundy).
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated July 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I'm sure yours will be gorgeous with blush too
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I feel like bright blue would go fine with burgundy and grey.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles