Kaila
Beginner June 2022

Changing the date

Kaila, on November 5, 2020 at 12:44 AM Posted in Planning 0 17
Saved
Have yall ever had to chang the date because someone out of the wedding party wasn't being cooperative??

17 Comments

Latest activity by Michele, on November 7, 2020 at 8:34 AM
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    No, not for that reason. It was for COVID and other reasons.
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

No. It's your wedding, you plan it for when it works for you.

We did accommodate some family conflicts, but the BP was, "this is when it is, can you do it?"

• Katie
    Rockstar August 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    If it is something extreme such as your sibling is in the hospital for a long time, I can totally understand moving it. If it is someone who just is trying to move it for their own schedule or personal motives, no. We had two groomsmen drop out due to COVID concerns which we understood and the wedding still went on as planned. Hope this helps and good luck!!!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Definitely not! I can see if it was COVID but if the date you chose for your wedding doesn’t work for them but it does for everybody else especially the bride & groom, keep the date you originally chose.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

No, and I honestly probably wouldn't because it's MY wedding!

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I probably wouldn't move the date for someone else, though I think it'd depend on the situation.
  • A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    No, I would never lol
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I would never change my date based on a member of my wedding party! If they are not cooperative, or my wedding date did not work with their schedule, I just would not have them in my wedding.

• Jasmin
    Savvy July 2021
    Jasmin ·
    • Flag
    I don’t know the seriousness of the situation however I wouldn’t change my wedding date for a member of my wedding party .. only people I’ll change the date for is me or my groom 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Chelsea
    Expert July 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

Nope! Its your wedding. I had my grandma ask me to push my wedding to the following Saturday of what I wanted before looking at venues so my uncle can come stay longer due to work. I told her he has 2 years to figure it out and that's the date we picked and depends on our venue!

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I think it would depend on the situation. If it was my best friend and something extreme that couldn’t be avoided, then I might. But if it’s a scheduling conflict like a vacation or something like that, then no way!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I would not change it
  • Kaila
    Beginner June 2022
    Kaila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My flower girl is my FH daughter and her mom is the problem. She wont let her come see us when it's just the weekend, so I'm scared that she wont be there. They never went to court. So he doesnt have court visitation
  • M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This new information makes it a lot more complicated than your original post. This situation is about so much more than your wedding or a date. Sounds like your future spouse needs to get a visitation agreement in writing. If they don't sort this out now, these kinds of issues will plague your married life, not to mention cause harm to the innocent daughter.

You have plenty of time before your wedding, so I would focus on getting the legal stuff in order first, and then continue planning your wedding.

• Vicky
    VIP January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag

So clearly he needs to go to court.

• Kaila
    Beginner June 2022
    Kaila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We planned on it but we have to use taxes to do it which is what we planned on paying off the wedding with that is why we were going to postpone it
  • M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    You need to get the custody settled first. Then have the wedding you can afford afterward.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics