We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kaylee
Savvy September 2020

Change the Date Language - Getting married this year but having the party next year?

Kaylee, on August 10, 2020 at 8:34 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 4
Saved Save

How do we word it on the Change the Dates if we are getting married this year (with small group of people) but are moving the party to next year?

4 Comments

• Nicole
    VIP September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    If we go with Plan C, this would be us as well. We’ll probably say something like, “Third Time’s The Charm! Bride and groom will be married in a private ceremony. Please save the date for the reception on _________.” Not perfect, but something along those lines.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I agree with Nicole- that lets everyone know of your plans.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Kaylee! I also like the "Change of Plans!" cards I've seen becoming popular recently!

I like Nicole's wording, and you can even add a lead-in line like: "Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our loved ones, [Name] and [Name] have decided to marry in a private ceremony..."

And then you can invite them to join you to celebrate: "Together with their families, [Name] and [Name] request the pleasure of your company as they celebrate their marriage" or "Please join us for a wedding reception in celebrating the marriage of [Name] and [Name]"!

• L
    Expert September 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    You dont have to say youre getting married this year. When we postponed, I didnt say we were still getting married on our original date. It got out by word of mouth, but people are probably planning to attend whether youre married or not so doesnt matter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics