Cat
Just Said Yes November 2020

Change of plans

Cat, on April 4, 2020 at 4:05 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved
Hi, I had to postpone my wedding from May to November 12th. That being said ... my colors were blush (maids) and blue (groomsmen) with lots of whites and greenery. Now that I’m moving to November I am thinking I need to change my colors? I don’t want to put anyone out by adding extra work on ... what should I do ? I’ve reached out to birdy grey to see if they can just evenly exchange the dresses for another color, still waiting to hear back. Thanks

13 Comments

Latest activity by Belle, on April 5, 2020 at 8:47 PM
  • Dierdra
    Super August 2021
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

It comes down completely to what you want. I have been to spring weddings with darker colors and fall weddings with lighter colors. Plus this year everyone would understand with COVID lol

• VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think you need to change your colors . My wedding is 11.08 and our colors are navy, light gray, hint of blush in flowers
  • Disneychick
    Dedicated April 2017
    Disneychick ·
    • Flag
    If you love your colors, keep them. We had an April wedding and one of the main colors was plum.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I don't think this is necessary. And I probably wouldnt get your Hope's up on exchanging. They aren't sure if the dresses are still in perfect condition or if theyve been altered.
    We are not changing anything... except we may add some pumpkins, leaves and skulls. And our dress code.
  • Allie
    Super November 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    I’m also getting married on November 12th, but next year, so I’ve been researching colors for that time of year and blush is actually listed as a great fall color. I wouldn’t change the dresses because they’ll look nice still and navy can pass as a fall color as well. If you really want to make it more fall seeming, maybe add some burgundy or dark purple or even a dark gray. But don’t change everything, it’s not necessary!
  • K
    Dedicated October 2021
    Krystal ·
    • Flag
    I had to postpone my wedding. It was April 4th (today actually) and moved it to September. I am not changing a thing. It will be a spring wedding in late summer/early fall. I feel like your guest will understand and it makes your wedding different and unique.
  • Msalberts
    Master October 2021
    Msalberts ·
    • Flag
    Could you add a darker color in flowers and accessories such as a shawl or scarf?
  • Izzykern
    Super April 2021
    Izzykern ·
    • Flag
    I truly think it doesn’t matter what season as long as you love the colors. But you could add burgundy to your color scheme and it would be very Fall-y and romantic.
  • Joyce
    Dedicated October 2020
    Joyce ·
    • Flag

Your colors are classic and don't need to be changed at all! Agreed that you can add burgundy to your florals if you like, but honestly it will still look beautiful without changing a thing, and none of your guests will think anything of it.

• Kevin
    Super October 2021
    Kevin ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think you need to change your colors. I’m getting married in October and we are having grey and lavender which are very spring colors to begin with. I think you originally picked the colors because you liked them the time of year shouldn’t dictate your color scheme.
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    I don't think you have to change your colors. Colors should be based on what you love not seasons.
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I have those same colors (was suppose to get married 4/18/20) and if we change our date to a fall date, I don’t expect to change our colors. Everyone should understand due to all of the craziness.
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    Some choose their favorite colors, some choose theme color. It’s your day, and you have the choice 😘

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics