Sb
Dedicated October 2020

Champagne Dress

Sb, on January 4, 2020 at 10:17 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved
Hi ladies! I bought my wedding dress months ago and at the time, I loved it. However, now I’m getting nervous because it isn’t the traditional white color. It’s champagne and ivory. Did any ladies wear a champagne dress? Do you have pictures? What color veil did you wear? Thanks in advance!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Casey, on January 6, 2020 at 12:47 AM
  • Sara
    Dedicated August 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    My dress is ivory and the belt that goes with it is champagne! It was actually the one thing I really wanted for my wedding dress, I didnt want white! I almost went with a blush color
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    Champagne Dress 1
    Champagne Dress 2

Champagne Dress 3
    Still waiting on pro pics but here is my champagne and ivory dress. I had an ivory veil.

• Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Hi Shalana! So sorry you’re feeling nervous about your dress!

I picked a blush gown (the actual name of the color is “rum”).
    I won’t be wearing a veil, I’m going with a beaded headpiece to compliment the bodice.
    Champagne Dress 4

• Monica
    Devoted August 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    My dress is also ivory and champagne. I really like it because it looks different depending on the lighting which I thought was cool. I plan to wear an ivory veil. Champagne Dress 5

• Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    Very few people wear true white anymore because it actually photographs blue and washes many people out. Most dresses in salons are ivory. My dress was champagne with an ivory lace overlay. I wore an ivory veil, and it matched perfectly.
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Mine is champagne which I like but the only reason I may exchange it is if I lose more weight than expected and decide to get a whole new dress lol.

Champagne Dress 6

• Samantha
    Devoted December 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Yes mine was ivory lace with champagne sheath underneath!!!! I love champagne it is beautiful. My veil had both ivory and champagne tones. You will be beautiful!
    Champagne Dress 7

• Rebecca
    Dedicated October 2020
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    Hi! I have a champagne dress with ivory lace appliqué and went through the same OMG my dress isn’t white/ivory freak out. But now I look at ivory dresses and can’t see the lace pattern as much and love mine so much more. I am wearing an ivory veil with it. It compliments the dress nicely and doesn’t get “lost”.
    Please don’t mind my double chin, my mom took the photo at an awful angle. Haha Champagne Dress 8

• Becca
    Devoted October 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag
    My dress was labeled as gold. With the tulle it looks more champagne/ivory in pictures. I’ve included two pictures from my wedding so you can see it. I didn’t have a veil - I was having a beach wedding and I didn’t want to fight with a veil. Thank goodness I decided against it because it was extremely windy that day as a tropical storm was coming ashore in LA. The other reason I was against a veil is because my hair doesn’t hold hair pieces that well. I know my hairdresser would have done wonders to make sure the veil stayed. After all the wind on the beach, only a small strand of hair fell down.

I would say don’t worry about if your dress isn’t traditional white. Is the dress you picked the dress of your dreams? What drew you to picking that dress? Do you imagine having a veil - do you want a veil? You can always do a really cute hair piece to make your hair stand out. But for your veil I would probably go with an ivory/champagne veil.
    No matter what dress you wear, you are going to be stunning. And you should have a dress you love. I remember slipping my dress on everytime I tried it on. And I was so excited to put my dress on for my wedding day and show my whole family and my soon to be husband. You are going to be a beautiful bride. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of wedding planning. Happy days! 🥰
    Champagne Dress 9
    Champagne Dress 10

• VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    Mine is Blush with Ivory lace overlay — any color is beautiful- it’s what you feel comfortable in!
  • VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Simply gorgeous!!!!!
  • VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love it !!!!
  • Future Mrs. Petro
    Devoted November 2018
    Future Mrs. Petro ·
    • Flag
    My dress was champagne and at first I loved it but as time went on I was paranoid that it would be too beigey. However when I went to my fitting it was perfect. Champagne Dress 11

Champagne Dress 12

• Alisa
    Savvy July 2020
    Alisa ·
    • Flag

Champange and ivory sound like a lovely combination. I also noticed most dresses to choose from where not true white. I picked an ivory dress.

• C
    Super December 2021
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    Champagne Dress 13
    I had tha EXACT same freakout (sometimes still do lol.) Attached is my champagne dress. I try and remember that I LOVED it when it was on enough to buy it and I'm probably being anxious for no reason (I have an anxiety condition.)
    I'm sure your dress is lovely!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics