Skip to main content
E
Just Said Yes July 2019

Chair Covers

Emmalee, on July 18, 2018 at 8:27 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 14
Saved

Hi girls! I am getting married July 13th 2019. We completely fell in love with the venue when we looked at it, it is an older building with exposed ceilings and wood beams, it is very intimate and unique. However, the one thing that is bothering me is the chairs, which I know is just for sitting, but they do not match the venue and are your typical rounded banquet chairs. My fiance thinks that no one is ever going to notice the chairs which may be true but I know in my wedding pictures it will always stand out and be one thing that bothers me. If I am being totally irrational please tell me my feelings will not be hurt. Otherwise I was wondering what other people have done or plane to do with banquet style chairs. Our venue provides all linens so were kind of out of luck on a packaging deal. Looking for if people have found renting or buying to be cheaper, around 200 guests, and did you add anything to them so they were not so plane. Thank you!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Gell, on August 2, 2018 at 1:19 AM
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I absolutely hate my venues chairs so I'm doing chair covers and sashes. It's costing us $900 for that service. I have footing the bill, but I'm not gonna have the time before the wedding too steam 150 chair covers and 150 bows. I also won't have time the day of to set up and break everything down.
    Coukd I save those $900? Absolutely! Guests wont care.
    But since I care, I'm footing the bill.
    Good luck!
  • MelisM
    Expert January 2019
    MelisM ·
    • Flag

If the chairs bother you that much then I would get chair covers for them. I'm sure if you talk to your venue they can work a deal with you since you are using them already for the table linens.

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    I hate the chairs at our venue only because they clash with our colors. I also hate chair covers, but I was able to rent some through FB Marketplace for 50 cents/ea and found sashes on sale for 30 cents/ea so it ended up being the cheapest way to lighten up the space. It's going to be really annoying covering up to 130 chairs and putting bows on them, but I'll be happier with the look.
  • OG Gretchen
    Super June 2018
    OG Gretchen ·
    • Flag

P.S. There are guys on here also!

• emcknight1517
    Super April 2018
    emcknight1517 ·
    • Flag

You could drape tulle (I've seen rolls of 100 yards for about $2 online) over the backs instead of buying chair covers, but I don't know how badly the chairs differ from/clash with your wedding colors.

Ribbon through the top partChair Covers 1Tulle through the top part and seatChair Covers 2Tulle wrapped over the top of the chairChair Covers 3

Extra decor: lavender sprigs in the tulle bowChair Covers 4Extra decor: larger flower display for the head table or just the coupleChair Covers 5

• Kristen328
    Super September 2018
    Kristen328 ·
    • Flag
    The chairs at my venue are also ugly. We're renting chair covers from the venue (reluctantly. I dont think its necessary but FH insists). I dont think anyone will notice or care what the chairs look like 🤷‍♀️
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I understand about chairs! Our venue supplies white folding chairs, which are totally nice and I'm not complaining! I've just always dreamed of a nice dark wood chair. To rent, they are $5 a chair so I'll wait until closer to the wedding to see if it's in the budget.

• Rachel
    Super July 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    The only chairs my venue has are the white folding ones which I’ll totally use for the ceremony but I plan on renting gold or brown Chivari chairs for the reception because the white folding chairs just wouldn’t look right with farmhouse tables! I’ve also had people tell me no one will remember the chairs but that’s not what matters to me lol (not to mention I’ll see the chairs in pictures and it would bug me). I want to spend the extra $500 to elevate the overall look, to me it’s worth the extra expense and possibly decreasing my budget in a different category to make up for it.
  • C
    Devoted April 2019
    Cheyenne ·
    • Flag
    I hate the chairs at my venue too. I want pretty chairs. I made a similar post a few days ago and most ladies suggested I just rent chairs because chair covers were a little 90s early 2000s looking. So I'm going to force chair rentals into our budget some how!
  • H
    Expert July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I also hate ours. They are supposed to be renovating and getting new ones but I'm preparing for the worst. I'm looking at both renting chair covers and chairs to see the cost difference. Depending on the chair cover I have also seen that sometimes you can buy them cheaper than renting. But as PP mentioned you would have to set them all up and take them all down.
  • Mrs Sullivan
    Expert June 2019
    Mrs Sullivan ·
    • Flag

I would rent chairs, be they chivari or something else that fits your style more. We have the nicer folding white chairs for our ceremony and then white chivari chairs for our reception. I luckily had the option of gold chivari, white chivari, folding white, or banquet chairs that our venue is providing as part of the package. My FH was just as adamant about using the white chivari as I was thankfully.

• Courtney
    Super December 2018
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I think they matter. Why spend all this time and effort creating a theme and a color scheme along with centerpieces and thoughtful seating arrangements if you've got chairs that don't match and will cause visual chaos?

But, I am particular.

Smiley smile

• Jenna
    Devoted October 2018
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

I am renting chair covers and sashes from a local shop and it is costing me $354 but they set everything up and take everything down oh I also got some table runners as well. I think it will be so worth it because it will tie my whole look together. The banquet chairs my venue provides are ugly orange and grey, so if I didn't cover them to me it would look like I forgot a step in my wedding planning.

• G
    Devoted September 2019
    Gell ·
    • Flag

A much simpler solution- just have your photographer remove the chairs from the table before taking the obligatory "reception table shot". Chair covers will dominate your decor in a not very nice way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics