C
Dedicated September 2021

Ceremony Rehearsal

C, on February 14, 2020 at 2:44 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 8
Saved Save
Hi everyone! How did you all plan your ceremony? Also, who directs the hour or so long ceremony rehearsal the day before? My venue has a Day of Coordinator but I’m wondering if she will also help with the rehearsal

8 Comments

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I've planned our ceremony. Our DOC will be directing our rehearsal the evening before. I would ask your venue if your DOC is included for a ceremony rehearsal.

• Rachael
    Expert September 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    I would say the doc or your officiant.
  • Rachael
    Expert September 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    And as far as planning it I'm just searching around the internet blending different types of ceremonies to make the one I want since we're not doing the religious route
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    We planned and wrote our ceremony with my friend who was our officiant. Our DOC helped coordinate the rehearsal for us.
  • Samantha
    Rockstar October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Our DOC is directing (it’s in our contract) but if you’re not sure, just ask! If they won’t do it, you can ask the officiant or even a close friend or family member to direct. If we didn’t hire a DOC, my mom offered to help keep us organized.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I didnt have a day of coordinator for my ceremony so I directed it myself aha
  • E
    Devoted October 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Our DOC was able to direct if we had needed her to
  • Kelsie
    Devoted March 2020
    Kelsie ·
    • Flag

My fiance and I thought about what we wanted for our ceremony and then we talked to our officiate. We put a lot of time into the ceremony, because it's the most important part of the day! It's the part where you actually get married to your best friend! I suggest talking with your officiate. They will know what all has to be in the ceremony for it to be official and can add whatever you want. For the rehearsal, my venue has a facilitator there and my day-of-coordinator will be there too. However, I'm letting my officiate run the rehearsal.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics