K
Savvy May 2021

Centerpieces

Kreshelle, on October 20, 2020 at 6:00 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 12
Saved

Hello, I was wondering what everyone is doing with their centerpieces? I thought about having anyone who would want one enter their name in a free raffle to give out at the end of the night. I don't want to bring all those arrangements home with me and am not sure what happens to them at the end of the night. I don't want all my money to just be thrown out.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Molly, on October 22, 2020 at 1:53 PM
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

My centerpieces were real roses so the flowers were just thrown away and I rented the vases from our florist/decorator so she took them home with her after tear down was done.

• M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    Most guests don't take them home nor do they want to. If they have to travel, it isn't feasible and really only works if all of you and your guests are local. Many people rent vases from florists and rental companies, which also adds to the logistics not being feasible.

The best option is donate centerpieces (typically floral) to a nursing home or funeral parlor. But unless you have purchased vases, they go back to the florist.
  • A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Our centerpieces will be in small crate type things that my mom hand painted. If no one wants them, we will likely use more than one as decor in our house and use the others to hold gifts that we give people for Christmas.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I actually left my centerpieces at my venue aha i didn't take them because they were like maybe less than $1 to make each. i used mason jars

• MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter had 13 low fresh flower centerpieces. As pps have mentioned, there were a fair number of people who had traveled, who we assumed would have no interest in taking one. We made a list of aunts/close friends/etc. who lived nearby and emailed them a few days before the wedding and invited them to take a centerpiece at the end of the night. It worked out well. I think all but a couple of the arrangements were taken; we brought the leftovers home and FOB took them to elderly neighbors who weren't invited to the wedding the morning after.

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

We had all fresh flower centerpieces, and the vases were rented from the florist. We arranged beforehand with the florist that they would package them up for us with our own glass jars we provided, so we were able to repurpose them for our farewell brunch the following morning. After the farewell brunch, we donated the flowers to a local nursing home. Many florists give clients the option of donating wedding centerpieces to nursing homes.

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    We’re having a destination wedding in Vegas, which requires us and all of our guests to travel. Since 95% of us are only coming from SoCal, I’m sure that many will opt for the 50 minute flight over the 5-6 hour drive. So, giving centerpieces to guests traveling by plane isn’t an option. I really don’t want any items/decor after the wedding besides our unity cross and our well wishes guest book. So, everything else will be trashed that night. Otherwise we’ll offer it to guests who drove OR post it on wedding sites ahead of time for local Vegas brides to pick up the day after the wedding OR ask our venue if they want to keep the centerpiece vases (and anything else) for future use. Ultimately I don’t desire to leave my wedding with much of anything besides a husband and a new last name 😆
  • S
    Dedicated November 2020
    Shakiyla ·
    • Flag
    I don’t know yet, we’ll probably make an announcement and say people can take them. If not I’ll find a place to donate them to
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag
    Ill Be Selling All Our Wedding Decor. Theres A Lot Of Brides On A Budget Who Will Need It.
  • Rebecca
    Super January 2020
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

My caterer (who also supplied decor and all florals) bought our centerpieces from us! They absolutely loved our idea. It was awesome that they ended up buying them because our wedding was in Florida and my husband and I live in Minnesota... I did not want to lug all of them back home lol

• T
    Dedicated February 2022
    Tiante ·
    • Flag
    Definitely depends what it is, I know for us we’re keeping one, sending one with my mother, one each with both of my sisters, one with my god mother & im assuming after that his parents & siblings would end up wanting one
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

We tossed all the flowers and have the jars sitting in our spare room lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics