Katie
Savvy September 2021

Centerpiece Opinions?

Katie, on April 29, 2020 at 8:32 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 7
Saved

Hi there! We're doing a September wedding with a rustic Scottish vibe. Our venue is a wood lodge with unique black lanterns hanging from the ceiling. Our tables are 8ft long and I'm starting with these plaid table runners and lanterns (the numbers TBD). We're also using florals similar to the below. What else should I do to spruce this up? Open to all input!

Things I've considered so far:

Greenery down the sides?

Several bud vases down the sides (Green glass? Clear?)?

A small arrangement on each side?

Gold charger plates?

The wood slabs underneath the lantern?

Gold votives?

Ribbon on the lanterns?

Fall fruit spread on the tables?

*We can't use real candles so unfortunately that's out.

Centerpiece Opinions? 1

Centerpiece Opinions? 2

7 Comments

Latest activity by Alyssa, on April 30, 2020 at 9:39 AM
  • Natalie
    Devoted December 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    I love the look of lush greenery down the middle with floating candles! It’s so romantic looking
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

Are You Only Having One Lantern Per Table or more? If More I Would Put Flowers Around The Bottom Of Each Lantern And Then Have Greenery Down The Middle As Well To Sort Or "Connect" Them, If That Makes Since.

• Katie
    Savvy September 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, just the one lantern per table, but I was leaning towards the greenery coming off both sides .

• April
    Dedicated September 2021
    April ·
    • Flag

Because your runners are fairly thin, I think greenery would hide them. I think bud vases with a couple flowers in each vase or votive candles would look cute on either side of the lantern!

We're doing wooden rounds in the center of our rectangular tables with a small vase and table number on top. Then on either side we're doing a large taper candle with votives in glasses on either side.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I like the idea of wooden slabs and greenery

• Katie
    Savvy September 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds pretty! Yeah, I was worried about the greenery covering up the runner too much.
  • Alyssa
    Dedicated July 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Definitely greenery! Maybe the lantern sitting in a wreath made of greenery —with a few flowers matching your bouquet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics