A
Devoted August 2019

Centerpiece issues

Amanda, on July 18, 2019 at 1:01 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 11
Saved Save
Ok so this is a very rough mockup of our centerpieces. My question is we have the glass lamp things lol but we cannot have real candles burning at our venue. When I look into battery operated taper candles they are very expensive for the amount we would need. So an alternative is to go with a shorter battery operated candle. My issue is that it doesn't fit exactly because there is an inset on the bottom of the holder for the taper candle so a fatter candle would sit on top of that... Or we could use real taper candles and not light them..... What do you think is a better option? I hope what I'm saying makes sense

Centerpiece issues 1

11 Comments

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica ·

I would use the right candles and just not light them or get fairy lights!

• A
    Devoted August 2019
    Amanda ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I thought of fairy lights but I have no way to hid a battery pack and overall I think it's starts to stray from my vision lol. Thanks
  • Lauren
    Super September 2019
    Lauren ·

100candles.com has battery powered taper candles for $3 each.

• A
    Devoted August 2019
    Amanda ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks I will check it out
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    I had votive candles but didn't light them aha so if you opted not to light em I think it's fine
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

What about filling the vase a little bit and using the small LED candles?

• A
    Devoted August 2019
    Amanda ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I like this idea! That way you couldn't tell it wasn't the right candle. I thought about adding some moss or something
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    View Quoted Comment

Moss would look really great with those colors and textures. Check out Dollar Tree, you can get a few bundles for cheap.

• A
    Devoted August 2019
    Amanda ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh I know lol 😂 I think I currently have a few bags hidden around my house 😅
  • Trice
    Savvy September 2019
    Trice ·

I was at a very nice reception where they had real tapers for the look, but they left them unlit. The only “flame”was the flickering led votive.

Comment on this discussion