Camilla
Dedicated June 2021

Causal bbq dinner

Camilla, on October 16, 2019 at 7:44 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 1 6
Saved Save

Having Texas Roadhouse catered at my wedding. serving steak and chicken, salad, mashed potatoes and cut corn.

Ordered cloth napkins and real table cloths, not really wanting to rent glass plates. Any suggestions to low cost plates and silverware? I dont wanna go too cheap. but cost is a factor.

Are paperplates too low, are plastic any better?

6 Comments

• Amber
    Dedicated October 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    They make plastic plates that look like China. You can find them on Amazon or Costco, robably a few other places too. Those are what I'll be using since I'm doing BBQ.
  • Sarah
    VIP September 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    The only thing I would be careful about with plates and cutlery is that you’re serving steak. Depending on the cut of meat a paper plate and plastic knife aren’t going to cut it.
  • Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

You can find some pretty cheap plastic plates and utensils on Amazon! They're affordable and disposable, but still look really nice.

• Taylor
    Rockstar October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I love that you're doing Texas Roadhouse catering!!! Like the PP said, I'd be sure to get heavy duty forks and knives to cut the steak. Pay attention to price though. I looked into disposables and by the time you buy heavy duty stuff, you end up spending the same amount as you would to rent real china.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I would pick plastic over paper for sure! Paper gets soggy & doesn't stand up to wet food very well.

• MrsJackson
    Super October 2018
    MrsJackson ·
    • Flag

Premium Plastic Plates

Premium Plastic Utensils

Here's the plates and utensils I used for my reception, they worked out great!

Comment on this discussion