A
Dedicated October 2020

Cancelling anxiety

Adriana, on October 12, 2020 at 3:27 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved
So I had a makeup artist booked to do everyone’s makeup but ended up not being able to afford it. So I told her that I would only be able to have mine done, but now I really can’t fork out the money to pay what she is asking and I have a friend who is good at makeup that is willing to do everyone’s for the price I was going to pay for me alone. The problem is, I have major anxiety and I’m scared to tell the makeup artist that I have to cancel mine too because I just told her I had to cancel everyone else 😩 someone tell me if I’m just WAY overthinking this or if it sounds rude because I’m stressing myself out.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Mrs. Spring, on October 12, 2020 at 6:23 PM
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    You need to be upfront with her if you can’t afford it. I see that you are getting married in less than 2 weeks and this is short notice for cancellation. Did you have a contract with her or give her a deposit that she will keep?
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

You are going to have to be honest with her, but I would prepare her not to be happy because you are cancelling on such short notice. If you knew you couldn't afford it, you really should've let her know that ahead of time so that she could possibly offer her services to someone else because at this point it's likely for too late for her to book someone else. Also, can your bridesmaids not afford to pay her either because normally the bridesmaids pay for their own services unless you are requiring them have their makeup professionally done?

• A
    Dedicated October 2020
    Adriana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I really don’t think she’s going to be mad, we’re from a small town so she really doesn’t do it that often and it’s just a side job. And I didn’t know I couldn’t afford it until now because my FH got laid off from work. And some of the bridesmaids could afford it but not all of them, I didn’t want to ask them to pay for that on top of buying their dresses because I know it’s a lot. I’m not requiring anything, I just wanted to do something nice for them 🤷🏻‍♀️ We’re having a fairly low budget wedding, it’s nothing super fancy or whatever.
  • A
    Dedicated October 2020
    Adriana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We didn’t have any kind of contract, she’s not like a professional or anything it’s just her side job.
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Be apologetic. Everyone understands that lay-offs mean sudden changes. And do it ASAP, so she can make plans for her weekend if not working.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    If you can't afford it then I would definitely cancel. Just be honest with her and let her know that you can no longer afford it
  • Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag

Yes, you're overthinking it! I totally understand not wanting to cancel everything, but when you have to, you have to. I'm sure she'll understand, especially with everything going on.

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

If she won't be mad, then I would just tell her to get it over with.

• Katie
    Expert January 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag

You're overthinking it. It's a business - you found a better deal. Significantly.

• Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    You are over thinking. Just be honest and sincere.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics