We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Marissa
Devoted October 2020

Camping trip for honeymoon?

Marissa, on July 31, 2020 at 7:53 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 16
Saved Save

Hey brides! So I've been thinking about our honeymoon and just wanted some feedback on this idea! We were originally going to travel to Scotland next year in March, but because of covid, we are going to wait until it's completely safe to travel again (and also gives us more time to save up!) So now my FH doesn't want to go anywhere and just wait, but I still want to do something. I haven't suggested this idea to him yet, but I'm thinking about taking a camping trip as our honeymoon? Has anyone done this? It'll be just a two night trip, and we can hike, relax, drink and eat. And it'll be super cheap. We also both have never been camping TOGETHER, but we have gone camping a lot with our families when we were younger, so it'll be a first experience for us as a couple!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Sara, on August 4, 2020 at 1:42 PM
  • Jana
    Rockstar October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Sounds fun! Go for it.
  • Natalie
    Devoted November 2020
    Natalie Online ·
    • Flag
    I think it sounds like fun!
  • Megan
    Expert October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Yes!! My fiancé and I are doing a camping trip for our honeymoon in Lake Tahoe! We are doing three nights tent camping and our last night in a nice hotel by the water. We’ve done a few camping trips together but if you love the outdoors there is no better way to spend time in it than with your new spouse!
  • Kirsten
    Devoted October 2020
    Kirsten ·
    • Flag
    My ex and I did this. It was great, so I say go for it!
  • Nicole
    Rockstar September 2020
    Nicole Online ·
    • Flag
    One of my bridesmaids did this for her honeymoon! They camped in Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. She loved it and the pictures were amazing.
  • Marissa
    Devoted October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh I live in Nor CA about 2 hours from Lake Tahoe! That sounds beautiful! Also love your idea of staying in a nice hotel for your last night!

• Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

If you like to do this, it sounds great!

I keep recommending minimoons like this right now, because I think it's safest, as well as a nice way to just... be... with each other in the midst of all this not-normal.

• Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Basically this means you HAVE to camp. Lake Tahoe? Dreamy
  • A
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I think this sounds like a fantastic idea, especially since it’s something you’ve never done together.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Sure! A honeymoon is whatever you choose to do after the wedding
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    It sounds different and very adventurous i think so
  • Jacky
    Savvy July 2020
    Jacky ·
    • Flag
    I think that sounds like a great idea!
    We rented a cabin in the mountains for the weekend and it was great to just get away from everything and everyone. We still plan to do a honeymoon later down the road if/when COVID allows
  • Annika
    Expert November 2020
    Annika ·
    • Flag

That sounds like a blast!! My FH doesn't like the outdoors while I LOVE it and practically grew up outside, hopefully I can change his mind about it so we can do outdoorsy stuff hehe!

• Sara
    Devoted August 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    We were supposed to be married in September and a Hawaii honeymoon afterwards. We are now getting courthouse married in August, and going on a week long camping trip as our honeymoon. It's something we enjoy doing and have done extended camping trips across the states. It's a great idea!!
  • Marissa
    Devoted October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!! My FH is on board for a camping trip too! So now we're excited to have something more to look forward too!

I'm glad you were able to find an alternative idea! Maybe Hawaii can be an anniversary trip! ❤️

• Sara
    Devoted August 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We plan on doing a one year anniversary/vow renewal/reception next year and hopefully take our Hawaii trip then! Have fun on your trip! We all need it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles