Ana
Devoted September 2019

Camo 🤦‍♀️

Ana, on May 9, 2019 at 7:43 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 18
Saved Save
Good Morning All,
so our wedding is Black and white with a hint of pink. All of your decorations are done and paid for as are the invitations. FH went to reserve his tux last night and ordered Camo🤷‍♀️ I’m so crushed I feel like this will ruin everything and look tacky I hate hate hate camo. We had discussed him maybe having a camo tie or something but not the whole wedding party this is what he wants to order mins the Iran’s tie. What do I do🤷‍♀️ I have already gotten this is my day too speach last night. I’m attaching a photo of what our table will look like as well
and suggestions or am I being dramatic???

Camo 🤦‍♀️ 1

Camo 🤦‍♀️ 2

18 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·

I can see where you're coming from, but what your FH and his attendants wear is really his choice. All you can do is voice your opinion.

• Btbride
    Super August 2019
    Btbride ·
    View Quoted Comment
    This is, unfortunately in this case, true. If he didn’t get a say in your dress, you can’t say much about his tux choice. Although I absolutely sympathize with you because I hate hate hate camo!
  • Ana
    Devoted September 2019
    Ana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you 🙏
  • Grace
    Expert June 2019
    Grace ·
    I wouldn’t be pleased about it either but honestly if the picture is the tux he got it’s not that bad! At least it isn’t full Camo! They had a full Camo suit at the place we got our tuxes from🙄maybe you can talk him out of the orange tie? I honestly dislike the tie more than the jacket
  • Ana
    Devoted September 2019
    Ana ·
    He’s not wearing the tie just the jacket and vest 😞
  • Martelle
    Devoted July 2019
    Martelle ·

Yikes, not a camo fan myself, but also to each its own. You should have him wear a pink tie or pink pocket thing so the camo at least kind of fits in with your look.

To be honest, taking a second look at the jacket and vest, its not the *worst*...since there is so much black on the jacket. But .

• Grace
    Expert June 2019
    Grace ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I can 100% see how this would be extremely disappointing but if there’s no changing it I’d say just look on the bright side that it’s mostly black. In 15 years when you aren’t so stressed with wedding planning you’ll probably think it’s funny
  • Ana
    Devoted September 2019
    Ana ·
    Thanks Grace I hope your right🤔
  • Furture Mrs. G
    Expert September 2019
    Furture Mrs. G ·

I LOVE CAMO. Would I want my FH to wear it for his tux? Probably not, but, if he was into it like your FH obviously is then I wouldn't mind. You want him to be comfy and love what he is wearing too. I was lucky my FH let me pick everything lol he just said tell me what colors and I will go get fitted and order my tux. But, honestly this tux is actually nice! I bet my dad would wear something like this on his wedding day. Just go with it & smile!

• Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    I wouldn’t worry about FH not matching the wedding colors/decorations. I don’t think that really matters much. But I do think that camo is a little tacky lol, sorry, girl...
    Did he have any input in your dress choice? If yes, I think it’s fair you have some input in his outfit.
    Can you get him not to wear the vest & wear a different, solid, dark color tie? Without vest, having camo just on lapels actually wouldn’t look bad at all!
    And if he is really set on his choice, then oh well, at least he is original! 🙂
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    I’m sorry, I’m going to have to agree with you. It looks terrible. I’ve never understood the whole camo formal wear trend, especially for weddings. I think he’ll look really out of place at your formal wedding.
  • Dedicated September 2019
    ·
    First off hey date twin!!

I 100% agree with you, it is tacky at any wedding let alone a formal wedding with your color scheme. Is it too late to change it? Maybe you should have a heart to heart with him about how you feel and gently try to talk him out of it. I understand a lot of people’s opinions about it being his attire and he didn’t tell you what color dress to get BUT on the other hand, this is going to be in all your pictures that you will look at for the rest of your life!! Does he really want that? If he is truly dead set on having it maybe you can get him to wear a pink tie and button up the jacket (or at the very least have it buttoned during the ceremony and for pictures). Some other ideas are an all black tux with a camp vest underneath with the jacket buttoned up so there’s just a tiny bit of camp showing, or like others have suggested a camo tie instead. If it were me (and like I said I do understand he deserves a say in what he wears) and my FH picked this out I would have to intervene, no way is that going to be in all our photos!!! Good luck!!
  • Ana
    Devoted September 2019
    Ana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey date twin!!
    thanks all for the support he’s set on Camo and since he is paying for the whole thing I’m going to have to suck it up. Hopefully he will bottom up for the pictures 😂
  • Dedicated September 2019
    ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Best of luck!! All in all it’ll be an amazing day and it’s just a small detail in the grand scheme of things!
  • Stephanie
    Devoted November 2020
    Stephanie ·

Oh man, def not a fan. I would try and compromise with him somehow and maybe incorporate camo in some other discreet way!

• Selena
    Super September 2019
    Selena Online ·
    Maybe he would compromise on keeping the vest and getting a solid jacket. Since less of it shows when the jacket is buttoned.
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    I think having him wear a darker tie will understate the camo so it won't be overwhelming. As much as I like camo I gotta agree it's a bit tacky, that being said it's his big day too. Maybe have camo somewhere else like on the favors or favor bags so it's not random? Slip a similarly dark camo into a few things (they make camo ribbons) and it'll look less out of place.
  • June2020
    Dedicated June 2020
    June2020 ·

This is my fear also..... make him wear a pink tie or pink flower/boutonniere maybe it will tie it in?

men when it comes to choices are unpredictable... ours is grey/spa blue..... but i know he is wrestling with the idea of tan instead of grey.... but then again he might just think this is awesome as well and bridesmaids will not match the men

Comment on this discussion