Jacklyn
Savvy May 2019

Calling all Curvy Brides

Jacklyn, on January 5, 2018 at 2:25 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved
Hello Ladies,
I am new to WW I recently got engaged (12.10.17)! We are planning for engagement photos in the Spring! I am having a hard time deciding what we should wear as a couple, but more trouble with what I am going to wear I am a curvy bride to be!! Please show me your engagement photo outfits! Thanks in advance!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Kaye, on January 11, 2018 at 7:51 AM
  • Sara P.
    VIP October 2018
    Sara P. ·
    • Flag
    I wore this dress and heels very similar to the ones on the model. I don't have my photos back yet to show you but I wore a pearl necklace and pearl earrings. It fit so well bc of the A-line shape which is a must for me in dresses (thank you big hips, small bust). For my second outfit I went more casual in jeans and we each wore our hockey sweaters with FHs name on the back.

Calling all Curvy Brides 1
  • S
    Dedicated June 2018
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    These are the 2 outfits i chose for us to wear. Comfy, not to over dressed.

Calling all Curvy Brides 2

Calling all Curvy Brides 3
  • K
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I wore this maxi dress from BHLDN! Just had one outfit bc I loved it so much and it’s such a classic silhouette. I also wore a cardigan for the first part of the photo shoot but it was so warm I took it off. My photographer is a wizard and definitely smoothed my arms a bit, so I felt great getting the photos back.

Calling all Curvy Brides 4
  • Brenda
    Savvy September 2018
    Brenda ·
    • Flag

Wear what you feel comfortable in, what shows who you are on the inside and outside. As you can see I am also a curvy Bride-to-be. Smiley smile Smiley heart

Love this Man Calling all Curvy Brides 5

• L
    Dedicated April 2018
    Lori ·
    • Flag
    I wore a simple dress I found at Ross because I flat ran out of time. We had one outfit change into casual clothes and I totally forgot to change into my “photo worthy” shoes from my flip flops. Oops! I’m 4’11” and have lots of curves but it’s most important that you love yourself and wear what y

Calling all Curvy Brides 6

Calling all Curvy Brides 7

Calling all Curvy Brides 8
  • L
    Dedicated April 2018
    Lori ·
    • Flag
    ...wear what you feel good in!

Calling all Curvy Brides 9
  • Maria
    Master June 2018
    Maria ·
    • Flag

*raises hand* In hindsight I don't think my dress was super flattering. Which is why I only like pics where we're far away or FH is covering my stomach. Which was disappointing. If I could go back I'd wear something I knew from experience looked good on me instead of trying to find a new outfit.

rock engagementCalling all Curvy Brides 10

engagement picCalling all Curvy Brides 11

rain picCalling all Curvy Brides 12

• L
    Dedicated April 2018
    Lori ·
    • Flag
    Rude girl here - so very sorry! I jumped right into a solution for you without first saying cOnGrAtULaTiOnS! So excited for you and that you are joining the WW community!

Also - search Pinterest and Google for ePhoto ideas for curvy girls. You’ll get tons ornaments ideas there too. Just know that you’ll be beautiful no matter what!

• Sandra
    Dedicated May 2021
    Sandra ·
    • Flag

Wear something you feel absolutely beautiful in, and also comfortable! I wore a dress I got at Torrid for our beach engagement shoot, which flowed all over and made me feel like a princess! As for FH I literally let him wear anything that semi-matched as long as he was comfortable too. We went out and picked his shirt together so we were both comfortable in what we were wearing. Here's what we came up with-

sand engagement Calling all Curvy Brides 13beneath the palmsCalling all Curvy Brides 14definitely ruined the dress... oh well Calling all Curvy Brides 15

Be comfortable and be yourself and they will turn out fantastic! Smiley smile

• C
    Master July 2018
    Cuoghi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Second the skater dress they are sometimes called!
  • Emily
    Expert May 2018
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I wore a flowy maxi from torrid. We got ours done back in june so it fit the weather well.
  • Emily
    Expert May 2018
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    ... I added the picture but it didn't post. Mobile app doesn't allow edits ... but yeah. I only wore one outfit.

Calling all Curvy Brides 16
  • Orchids
    Master March 2018
    Orchids ·
    • Flag

Curvy girl here! I don't have a photo handy, but I have a knee-length red wrap dress that is SUPER flattering to my body than I plan to wear. Smiley laugh

• Whitney
    Devoted June 2018
    Whitney ·
    • Flag
    Congrats! I wore the pictured dress from old navy. It was cheap and cute. I wanted to feel comfortable and look like myself.

Calling all Curvy Brides 17
  • Allyson
    Devoted March 2019
    Allyson ·
    • Flag
    Https://www.amazon.com/dp/b077k1bp27/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_p9cuabryaz89p

$33 on Amazon! The blue is much brighter in person than the model picture, more royal blue as you can see in my engagement photo. I wore a petticoat underneath it to give it more volume and taper away from my body, so no bad angles! I was honestly planning on returning it when I ordered it but now I think I'm going to keep it I loved it so much

Calling all Curvy Brides 18

Calling all Curvy Brides 19
  • Jacklyn
    Savvy May 2019
    Jacklyn ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all so much for the congratulations and welcoming me to WW! All of your look beautiful! I loved all the lovely outfits you shared with me!! Thank you so much for all the inspiration! I can’t wait to find my engagement outfit!!!
  • Kaye
    VIP October 2018
    Kaye ·
    • Flag

I'm older, so we don't plan to do engagement photos. I can't recommend Eshakti enough if you are curvy. They will customize your dress to your exact measurements for $10. I've had two dresses made and they fit perfectly. I wore a tafetta dress to a wedding this past weekend and had strangers walking up to me saying I looked elegant. Look online and search for images of plus size eshakti. Some of the girls are very curvy and their custom dresses really enhance them. I love their cotton poplin by the way. It has a very classic appeal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics