We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jackie
Dedicated October 2020

Cali Honeymoon?

Jackie, on December 23, 2019 at 4:26 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 15
Saved Save

I am looking into possibly having a honeymoon in California. For those who live there, is mid October a good time to go? What is the weather usually like?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Anneecia, on July 2, 2020 at 8:57 PM
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I don't live there but my fh & I went there for vacation last year in October and the weather was perfect. We went to Los Angeles and we had a great time. The only dorm side I can tell you is that the traffic is horrible and it can definitely be expensive. We went for the first time and we fell in love and we basically decided that that was going to be our place. I think there's a lot to do and you would have a great time.
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    Fall and spring are both probably the best times! Summer can get super hot (over 100 regularly) and winter is sometimes ok, but it tends to rain much more in the winter than other times, so you could luck out with a good week OR end up in a rainy week. Mid October should be perfect!
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    It depends what part of California. In the part where I live (Monterey) October is the best time because the weather is the nicest. Summer is cold and foggy but October is sunny and in the 70s!
  • A
    Super February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    I live in LA and October is a great time to visit. It’s not too hot during the day and nights are cooler than usual. Traffic sucks all around so plan your days accordingly.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We went to California for my honeymoon and it was amazing. We went in July though. My husband's bsst man lives in California and he is getting married next October there so I will find out then what the weather is like. According to him, it is normally really nice there all year around.
  • Nicole
    Rockstar September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I will agree that October can be pretty nice, but it can also still be pretty brutal (it got up to 89 this past October for multiple days). However, that said, it's a dry heat, so no worries about humidity. My one big concern would be fires, but depending on where you planning on heading, it probably wouldn't be too much to factor.

• W-K
    Super October 2019
    W-K ·
    • Flag

Depends on which part of California you visit. California has lots of micro-climates. October is generally pretty nice throughout the state but in NorCal it's not really swimming or beach weather in that month.

• Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have to disagree with you, respectfully, about that. I live in Northern California (SF Bay Area), and although it's true we have the micro-climates, which basically means that in one spot it could be 80 degrees during the day, while another spot farther north could be only 65, and partly cloudy, October is generally a really pleasant month, all over the state. Southern CA will obviously be warmer, but Northern CA is still warm and beautiful at that time. We are all still wearing shorts during the day. The nice thing about October is that even when it gets very warm during the day, things cool off when the sun goes down, so the nights are pleasant.

California is a beautiful place to live, and lovely to visit as well. Enjoy!!

• W-K
    Super October 2019
    W-K ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It may be a preference thing. I've never found California's 80 degree weather to be pleasant enough to go swimming LOL. Hot tub weather, for sure, though! I lived in Lake and Mendocino Counties for a long time, so a bit further north of you. I'd routinely daycacation on the Mendocino Coast (Mendocino, Little River, Fort Bragg) in October. Pretty to watch the waves from a cliff in a hot tub. Not so much to jump in the water.

• Mrsn2020
    Savvy April 2020
    Mrsn2020 ·
    • Flag
    Mid October is perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold. Layers are important out here. Light jacket that's easy to take off and carry around is really all you should need.
  • M
    Just Said Yes April 2019
    Matt ·
    • Flag

Mid October is great any where from San Francisco to San Diego....

Yosemite, Tahoe, coastal, cities, run 3 ....

Ritz Carlton at Half Moon Bay with the pumpkins in the fields is pretty too.

Wine country is nice - its right after harvest but still a nice time to visit.

Further north than wine country (i.e. redwoods) is past its best for the year....

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Yes... this October it felt like summer. It’s usually good. So hopefully the same in 2020
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    I live in San Diego and it’s pretty much always nice.
  • Jaclyn
    Savvy December 2021
    Jaclyn ·
    • Flag

I live in Southern California and October is the perfect time to go. Its not as hot as summer but its still pretty warm to go out and enjoy things. Maybe at night just need a light sweater.

• A
    June 2019
    Anneecia ·
    • Flag

Depends on which part of California you visit. California has lots of micro-climates. October is generally pretty nice throughout the state but in NorCal ( Krunker io ) it's not really swimming or beach weather in that month.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles