Skip to main content
Anastasia
Just Said Yes May 2021

Cake ????

Anastasia, on October 1, 2019 at 3:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved

We need help with our cake!! The caterer doesnt do the cake and most of the places that i called for a cake said it will be like 600 for a 2-3 tier cake. we have about 75-100 guest. Any advice would be appreciated !!

18 Comments

Latest activity by kittycow, on October 2, 2019 at 2:39 AM
  • Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

Cupcakes! We chose a small one tier cake with a few dozen cupcakes. We're also getting cookies and brownies for non cake eating guests.

• M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I like PP suggestion of doing something other than cake. You could even try a grocery store and it would be cheaper for a cake too ! Many do wedding cakes now a days.
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I also love the idea of cupcakes with a small cake for the cake cutting! I've also heard of brides getting just plain sheet cakes that they cut up in the back and then bring out for the guests so it's easier to serve.

• Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    Another option is a small cutting cake then buy a bunch of small desserts at a nice bakery. Our bakery makes these beautiful treats fairly cheap. Most wedding cakes are $3-7 a slice. These are way less.

Cake ???? 1
  • Renee
    Super October 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    Do a small cake for you and your fiance and have cupcakes for everyone else. Plus most places charge cake cutting fees if you dont have someone to cut them for you. What kind of cake are you doing? Does it have a lot of decorations? You could simplify it and add flowers to it yourself. Or post on facebook. Ask of anyone knows someone who bakes cakes on the side. They're usually cheaper than a baker. Also try Wal-Mart or Sams club
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    You could have a small one tier cake for you two to cut and then have a sheet cake in the back for guests. Definitely would save you on costs!
  • Sabrina
    Devoted April 2020
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

We were quoted $700 for a cake to slice with cupcakes...that includes delivery, set up and the stands. We are also considering Nothing Bundt Cakes, cause I love their cakes, but we would be responsible for delivery and set up, but it would save us $200-300. They have layered bundt cakes, smaller versions, like cupcakes called bundtlets and then bundtinis which are bitesized morsels and are my favorite.

Get creative.

• Diana
    VIP December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    We got our cake from Publix. It comes with a 6 inch and 8 inch round cake. Plus 36 cupcakes. We ordered 14 more to have a total of 50. With the cake stand rental (we get $75 back when we return it). The total was $300.

Cake ???? 2
  • Destiny
    VIP May 2020
    Destiny ·
    • Flag

Check walmart/costco/samsclub for good and cheap cakes/cupcakes lots of budget bride blogs swear by them

im getting a jumbo cupcake cake, 24 regular cupcakes, 180 mini cupcakes(in 6 different flavors) for 366 dollars and that includes setup and delivery

• Annika
    Expert November 2020
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    If you live near one, check out Nothing Bundt Cakes! They have delicious flavors, reasonable prices, and multiple options. You can do a two tier cake with little bundtinis (mini cupcake sized) all around it! Thats what we are doing!
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We did a small cutting cake for pictures, then cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and mini peach pies. It was cheaper than the standard $6+ per serving of cake per person.

• M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    Wal-Mart. You’ll just have to get someone to pick up. Also, make sure that there’s a competent person to set up the tiers if you don’t get a Sheet 🎂.

I ordered a Sheet 🎂for 96 to be the 🤵’s 🎂. You can specify a time have it ready in order to ensure maximum freshness.
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    We’re here to assist, provide advice, and keep you from “jumping”.

Congratulations and 🍀‼️
  • Tamera
    Expert May 2020
    Tamera ·
    • Flag

We decided on cake squares. I still wanted something kinda traditional and simple. They were about $1.25 per slice, as opposed to "wedding cake" that was upwards of $3. It is just a plain cake with simple frosting, pre-cut into squares by the bakery. We got an assortment of 3 different flavors and then we got an additional small "wedding" cake for us to cut. It was about $350 for our cake and 180 servings of cake squares.

• Anastasia
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Anastasia ·
    • Flag

Thank you all for your help !! I looked up Nothing Bundt Cake and it was amazing. !! that is perfect and easily affordable . So excited to go do a tasting.

• Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    You could always do a small cake to cut and a sheet cake for the guests (unless a big tiered cake is your dream). Most grocery bakeries can do a really great job with a big cake like that too so it keeps cost low.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I've seen a lot of brides have great success with Costco or Sam's Club for delicious and affordable cakes. We're having pies and cupcakes at the wedding.
  • kittycow
    Expert December 2001
    kittycow ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow, Diana, your cake ensemble is gorgeous! I really love the coordinating details; very classy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics