C
Devoted April 2020

Cake Flavors?

Courtney, on July 26, 2019 at 11:35 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 16
Saved Save
I know there was a recent discussion about this, but I was going to ask for advice as well.
I posted a couple of days ago about wedding cake costs and it seems we have found someone very reasonable. We are scheduled to go for a tasting with her on 8/18. My issue is I am completely clueless when it comes to wedding cake flavors because I'm not a cake person, but I do want it to taste good!
I am attaching a message she sent me on FB. I don't even know what marble cake is 馃槀.
What flavors are yall having?

Cake Flavors? 1

16 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    Marble cake is usually a mixture of vanilla and chocolate together.
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online
    • Flag

Marble is typically yellow cake with chocolate swirled in. We're doing funfetti cake with vanilla buttercream, chocolate with cookie dough filling and vanilla buttercream, and spice cake with cream cheese frosting.

• C
    Devoted April 2020
    Courtney
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh okay... thank you!
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2020
    Meghan
    • Flag

Marble is chocolate and vanilla swirled together. I am getting married in April too and am doing more what I think of as spring flavors. We are doing lemon, strawberry, and pink velvet.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2020
    Meghan
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Cookie dough filling! Smiley love This sounds SO good!

• C
    Devoted April 2020
    Courtney
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Chocolate with cookie dough filling sounds good 馃槏
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra Online
    • Flag
    Marble cake is chocolate vanilla swirled like this.
    I personally like it because I'm not a chocolate cake person (it's always too rich!) But the marbling makes the chocolate more subtle.

Cake Flavors? 2
  • C
    Devoted April 2020
    Courtney
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Strawberry seems to be a popular flavor.
  • Futuremrst
    Devoted August 2019
    Futuremrst
    • Flag
    We鈥檙e doing white vanilla with buttercream, chocolate with chocolate buttercream, and yellow vanilla with buttercream! The bakery we picked is famous around here for how great their buttercream is, so we just had to use it!
  • Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie
    • Flag
    We are doing the traditional white for the bottom layer, chocolate for the middle, and strawberry on top for ourselves for when we get home. We decided not to worry with keeping our top layer for a year so we went with our favorite on top to eat after the wedding.

Cake Flavors? 3
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz Online
    • Flag

Marble cake is delicious! We're having a 3-tier red velvet for our cake

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney
    • Flag

One of our tiers is strawberry/champagne and the other is lemon/raspberry.

• Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica
    • Flag
    There鈥檚 nothing wrong with going with traditional flavors, it definitely doesn鈥檛 have to be fancy to be good! If you really like a specific fruit, you could always ask her to do fruit filling, strawberry seems to be most popular. I love chocolate, so I鈥檒l do chocolate ganache in at least one layer. My FH doesn鈥檛 care for cake because the frosting is usually too sweet, but cookie dough filling would totally win him over! I also really like tart desserts, I鈥檒l eat spoonfuls of lemon curd, so I have been considering lemon for people who don鈥檛 want super sweet! My problem is I have too many ideas!!

Are you just not cake people, or not dessert people? If there鈥檚 a dessert you both love, maybe those flavors could be used to create something special for you two.

Also, you鈥檙e getting married on my birthday 馃榿, great day! Congratulations!
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag

We are doing cupcakes for the guests, but going to have a small cake for us to cut. We are actually try the cake flavor tomorrow. My aunt is making everything, so I'm not too worried about when we try things. But the cake flavor is vanilla with a blueberry filling. Then for cupcakes we want a carrot cake, red velvet, chocolate, vanilla with some kind of filling and I want either a strawberry or raspberry one too. I am probably going to listen to my aunt's suggestions about flavors too. For a late night snack we are also doing a s'mores bar.

• SraDeCarrillo
    Super August 2019
    SraDeCarrillo
    • Flag

We are doing 3 tiers. Bottom will be white cake with strawberry filling, middle will be chocolate cake with Bavarian cream filling, top layer will be white cake with lemon filling. All covered in vanilla buttercream frosting. We are also doing a half sheet cake of tres leches cake for our grooms cake.

• Destiny
    Rockstar May 2020
    Destiny Online
    • Flag
    We're having lemon lavender (fh fav), banana chocolate chip w/ pb cream cheese frosting (my fav), samoas yellow cake caramel frosting rolled in coconut with chocolate drizzle.
    We're doing a 8 inch jumbo lemon lavender cake to cut, 8 of each flavor in rego cupcakes, and 80 of each flavor in mini cupcakes costing 366 includes delivery and setup

Comment on this discussion