Nicole
Just Said Yes March 2021

Cake flavors!

Nicole, on March 5, 2020 at 10:47 AM

Posted in Wedding Reception 42

Tell me your fav cake flavors! We are getting a small cake and cup cakes going taste testing on Monday need ideas to find the perfect flavor!

Tell me your fav cake flavors! We are getting a small cake and cup cakes going taste testing on Monday need ideas to find the perfect flavor!

42 Comments

• Natalie
    Devoted December 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    Key Lime flavor with coconut icing Smiley smile
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    Tiramisu! We are pouring a shot of Sambuca on the top of our piece. I know not many people like tiramisu so we are having passed desserts as well and gelato but this is been me and my FHs dessertFor the past 10 years now and it has special meaning. When we go out to dinner we always order a piece of tiramisu and pour one shot of Sambuca on the top. I’m so excited for my cake
  • Julia
    Dedicated October 2020
    Julia ·
    • Flag
    We are having a 3 tier cake. 1 will be white chocolate mud with lavender caramel, one will be spice Clarke with cream cheese and one is lavender cake with white chocolate ganache. It will be naked style as we are having a Sunday brunch wedding in October.

I’m also surprising my FH with a grooms cake because he loves frosting and kid flavors but was so sweet to let me have my way. It will be 2 tier. 1 will be white cake with sprinkles and white chocolate ganache filling and a chocolate cake with salted caramel filling. It will be frosted in vanilla buttercream and decorated wi Th all things hunting/fishing, he’s beloved lab, and craft beer
  • Kasyah
    Devoted July 2020
    Kasyah ·
    • Flag
    Ours will be ammaretto with a raspberry filling and buttercream frosting 🤤
  • Connie
    Savvy July 2021
    Connie ·
    • Flag
    Ours is going to have 4 tiers, the cake flavors will be chocolate, vanilla bean, strawberry and the fillers will be strawberry jam, chocolate gnoch, and I can’t remember the other ones lol
  • S
    Devoted September 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I love red velvet and white
  • Heather
    Dedicated June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    Cake flavors! 1
    This is the style we're going with. Small beach wedding in June. We love chocolate but we're going with vanilla and chocolate due to what our families like. VERY simple.
  • Katharine
    Expert July 2021
    Katharine ·
    • Flag

We're planning on lavender lemon cake, with a couple dozen more regular choc/vanilla cupcakes for the less adventurous types.

But we're also going to do a formal tasting with the bakery on Monday. We picked that flavor out after buying several of their cupcakes to try last summer.

• Ashley
    Devoted June 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I made a lavender lemon cake for mother's day one year, it's such a great flavor! Lovely choice Smiley laugh

• Ashley
    Devoted June 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Our cake is being designed by a Michelin-starred pastry chef, we just told him we'd like one of the flavors to be chocolate and he came back with a proposal for a 3-tiered cake with the following flavors:

- Chocolatebisquit, infused with liquid chocolate

- Cremeaux of passionfruit

- Biscuit of vanilla and limezestes

- Cremeaux made from local basil

Guys, I am seriously so excited for this cake.

• Ashley
    Devoted June 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is such a cute and thoughtful gesture! I love it

• Fleur
    October 2020
    Fleur ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds amazing!!!
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    We got married last Saturday. My cake was 3 tiers of strawberry & 1 tier of lemon, and the groom’s cake has one tier of chocolate fudge with chocolate ganache, one tier of cookies & cream with marshmallow filling, and one tier of almond wedding cake. Everyone told us how much they loved our cakes! They really were so delicious. 😍
  • Sara
    Dedicated August 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    We are having a 1 tier cake which will be cannoli, and then well be having cupcakes in three flavors cannoli, boston cream and white chocolate vanilla. I'm so excited for our cake 😍
  • Jacquelyn
    Savvy January 2021
    Jacquelyn ·
    • Flag
    I’m not a fruit person so I’m not really a fan and of fruit filling. I love chocolate. My brother did cupcakes for his wedding. He got ones with fruit, chocolate mousse, cannoli, ganache fillings. He also got vanilla cupcakes. Mixing it up was great bc he gave his guests different choices
  • Kayla
    Beginner December 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    Strawberry and vanilla
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Ours are strawberry, orange spice, and chocolate, but I’m thinking of trading the chocolate for red velvet.
  • Flame Princess
    Dedicated April 2021
    Flame Princess ·
    • Flag
    We're making our cake together. It's gonna be an Oreo cheesecake
  • Sherone
    Dedicated April 2021
    Sherone ·
    • Flag
    Red velvet cheesecake, pistachio is really nice too
  • Erika
    Savvy January 2022