We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Dania
Savvy November 2020

Buying a pre owned dress

Dania, on January 6, 2020 at 6:53 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save
Has anyone here bought a pre owned dress for their wedding ? I found this beautiful lazaro gown for sale online for an immensely good price and I’m considering it.

10 Comments

• Amber
    Dedicated January 2022
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    I just bought a preowned dress and I’m excited to see what see what it looks like when it comes in Thursday. I was eyeing the dress on David’s Bridal.com for awhile and saw someone selling one for less than half price so I figured I’d give it a shot. I’m not sure if it will be the one, but if not I’ll try to sell it again.
  • Noelle
    Devoted November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    I did buy a preowned dress. Overall I loved it, but I couldn’t wear it, as it just wasn’t fitting me right in the boob area. I’m trying to sell it now.
    Anyway, all that to say my experience with the seller was good, and the dress was as advertised.
    I would advise you to to try on similar styles, to make sure it suit you.Another thing I noticed...I bought it on preownedweddingdresses.com, and while I searched I created a favorites list on the site. A lot of those gowns have been sitting there on my list for over a year!! So I guess it is not so easy to sell a wedding gown.
  • Dania
    Savvy November 2020
    Dania ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s the website I found the Lazaro one!
    That’s what I’m afraid of , that it won’t fit good but I guess I could get it altered ? Did you try and get yours altered ?
  • Noelle
    Devoted November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes i did try altering it. She did a wonderful job on the hem but not so good on the bust line. Hopefully I can find someone who it will be right for.
  • Noelle
    Devoted November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If it’s close to your size now it shouldn’t be too hard to alter it properly.
  • Tina
    VIP March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    I did and no issues!
  • Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra ·
    • Flag

I did, from a woman on Facebook. The exact dress I had been eyeing, in a size larger than I needed, completely unaltered and for half the price. I'm excited to see what it will look like altered. I don't think I would have done it if it were actually my size, though.

• Dierdra
    Super November 2020
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

Just make sure they had it professionally dry cleaned and preserved if its been a while.

• Future Mrs. K
    Super April 2021
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag
    I bought mine on stillwhite.com for an INCREDIBLE price and it was brand new with tags still on. It fits like a glove and I’m about a year or so out from my wedding so I plan to wait 9 ish months to alter it but overall I was ecstatic to get like 75% off my dream designer gown
  • Jessica
    Just Said Yes January 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I bought mine “preowned”, it was a Stella York original $1900 I bought it for 700 and free shipping. Brand new with tags. It was my dream dress, and discontinued. so I had to snag it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles