Nicole
Devoted April 2020

Busy weekend cont.

Nicole, on November 19, 2019 at 11:46 AM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 2
Saved Save

There comes a point in your life where many things have hit you. It's like reality dropped a bomb and an explosion just occurred. That happened to me this morning. A little over 5 months out, our busy weekend, amazing venue and all of those helping us each step of the way; I cannot be more thankful.

This morning I woke up still upset with our busy weekend; not of what was accomplished but someone who was supposed to be my best friend. I found out some really interesting things about her that made me feel like I wasn't important, I was taken for granted and I felt like a terrible person. This wasn't the first incident and since it happened a second time, I made the decision not to peruse the friendship any longer. After 8 years of friendship, and multiple chances of mending, healing myself from each blow takes a lot of time. I know we are all human and we all make mistakes, but shame on you once - shame on me twice.

I've also let go of the whole "barbie" idea, skinny waist line, and dropping weight quickly for the wedding. I know I am a little over weight but I am still healthy. I exercise regularly and eat right and if I drop the weight great but if I do not, I am still happy. And my FH is happy. and that's all I really care about. But the stress I'd be putting myself through to lose the weight is ridiculous and unhealthy. (props to you ladies that have that motivation or are already like that).

Nit picking on some details over the weekend, we've ordered flowers, sent in our cake design and flavors, sent in the order for the dessert bar, set up a few different centerpiece ideas and table decor ideas, also have the rough draft for our menu at the venue and I believe we know our signature drink. So our busy weekend finalized most of what I've listed.

We are redoing our engagement photos with a new photographer just after the holidays. Everyone is to stressed out before and stress isn't something I need in my crazy world right now. But everything is meshing together which is amazing and I couldn't be happier! The move went excellent, no problems, we love our new home.

I also realized this is my final Christmas as a 'Mickeletto' and after this, I will be a 'Harter'. It still gives me chills and new butterflies everytime I think about it! Well that was my short rant/vent about our busy weekend and how things are going. Where is everyone in the planning process? what are you trying to decide on? how are you making decisions?

have a great day!

2 Comments

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry everything is happening all at once! This would be very overwhelming to me as well. Sending hugs Smiley heart

• Kristal
    Expert February 2020
    Kristal ·
    • Flag

Putting more stress on ourselves for that perfect figure just isn't worth it sometimes. Kudos to you for recognizing it and keeping it in perspective. healthy and happy is what really matters. I'm glad you seem to have a group of helpers to support you!

I'm also feeling a bit frazzled but in my case, we move this weekend having just closed on our first home together yesterday and are 3 months out as of tomorrow. I'm stressing over decor but am so thankful that my girls have been amazing, offering to help along the way. Please tell me the friend making you feel this way isn't part of your wedding party!?

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics