Christa
Beginner May 2020

Bridesmaids dresses

Christa, on November 2, 2019 at 6:09 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 20
Saved Save
I am thinking of having my bridesmaids wear 3 different styles but the same color. They all have different body types and I want them to feel comfortable. Has anyone been to a wedding like this or doing this with their bridesmaids?

20 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I think this is more common than identical dresses these days. We gave each girl a different color (all shades of mauve) and everyone is choosing their own style.

• Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    You can pick out different style dresses on azazie and email the link to your girls. Then they can try on a sample dress for $10 and/or order with their custom measurements. Shipping is very fast and quality is good, I’ve been thrilled with them.
  • Christa
    Beginner May 2020
    Christa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree! I have never been to a wedding where they were different. But I have been reading that matching bridesmaids are not as common anymore.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I’ve been a bridesmaid 14 times and only 2 of those weddings had everyone wear the same dress so it’s super common. All 10 of my girls wore a different dress but same color.
  • Christa
    Beginner May 2020
    Christa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awsome! Thank you.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    Yes that’s very common now. It’s gives everyone the chance to find a dress that compliments their body type.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I did. All of our bridesmaids picked the dress they wanted. I just told them the color, fabric, & length that I wanted them to order the dress in. It turned out great!!
  • S
    Dedicated June 2020
    Sophie ·
    • Flag

Yeah I think that works great, I have 7 bridesmaids and 4 of them are wearing the same pantsuit and 3 are wearing same color but different style dresses. I want my BM's to feel comfortable so that's why I love giving them that choice.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did this ! Except it wasn't the exact same color.
  • Allison
    Dedicated May 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag
    My sisters wedding was like this 5 different dresses in the same color. I'm also doing this for my wedding with 3 bridesmaids I think it looks so cute and if they're paying for the dress it should be something they love.
  • Kelsi
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    • Flag
    I chose (2) different styles for my girls to choose from but the same color.
  • Taylor
    Rockstar October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    I told my girls the color, length, fabric, and store and they get to choose the style. They’re buying from DB because there’s 7 of them and the selection is pretty extensive.
  • Jodie
    Devoted August 2020
    Jodie ·
    • Flag
    I told my 3 girls that they can pick whatever length, style, fabric that they are comfortable in as long as it's one of the 5 colors in the color scheme we've decided on.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I had 9 bridesmaids. My MOH was in dusty blue from Azazie and the rest were in sky blue from Azazie. I let them pick their own dress but gave them a length, color & fabric. They all picked different dresses!Bridesmaids dresses 1

• L
    Lady ·
    • Flag

Every wedding i've been in, the BM's have had different dresses! A website like Azazie makes this super easy. You can pick a color, length and even fabric and just have the girls order whatever they like and are comfortable in. Everyone is happy, but everyone coordinates as well!

• Christa
    Beginner May 2020
    Christa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Eveyone looks amazing! Congratulations! I love your dress!
  • Cristina
    Devoted October 2020
    Cristina ·
    • Flag

I also plan on doing this because I think it's just easier plus it gives them a chance to pick their own style. My only request is that they all be in the same color.

• Christa
    Beginner May 2020
    Christa ·
    • Flag
    Thanks so much for all of your replies! This was very helpful.
  • Jessica
    Beginner March 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Yeah I actually prefer it. Mine will be wearing very different styles in the same color.

• Allison
    Dedicated May 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag

I'm doing this. I have three bridesmaids I picked a color and told them to choose whatever they wanted it just had to be that color and a long dress. I think it's going to look just fine.

My sister did it for her wedding 4 years ago as well and she had 5 bridesmaids we had to pick a dress in a plum purple color and they had to be short and we had to show her before we purchased so she could approve it. I didn't make my girls get theirs approved by me I trusted them enough.

Comment on this discussion