We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Belle
Super July 2021

Bridesmaids dress too thin. How to fix?

Belle, on August 6, 2020 at 1:21 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved Save
Hi!

My bridesmaids dresses are too thin. It even show the nipple stickers, or the thinnest pads. Anyone fix their convertible dress? How? With iron on fabric strengthener in the back of the fabric to cover the breast? Is this a good idea? Bridesmaids dress too thin. How to fix? 1
Bridesmaids dress too thin. How to fix? 2
Bridesmaids dress too thin. How to fix? 3

22 Comments

Latest activity by Belle, on August 6, 2020 at 11:02 PM
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I guess the only other thing I could think of is wearing a slip under?
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I agree with Melle. Did they not try them on before they purchased them?
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

These dresses are much more risque and sadly made to show off our nipples and such. As previous posts have mentioned, I'd look into a slip or choosing a better dress.

They can try something like these: - But honestly think you may have to consider a different dress if they are that thin

• Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I don't think the fabric stabilizer is a great choice because it probably won't be very comfortable and it holds its shape more than a jersey fabric does, so it might look weird. A slip is a good idea, but I think it would be hard to find one suitable for that kind of dress. Your best bet is probably to add a lining to the top part of the dress using a similar fabric. It would only need to be attached to the inside of the dress at the waist and just above the collarbone on the breast/shoulder straps, so you wouldn't have to take apart the seams or anything. A seamstress could do this for you if you/your bridesmaids aren't comfortable doing it.
  • Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think this is a good idea. The dresses need to be shortened, so we could use that to thicken the top. Thank you!
  • Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn’t think about a slip. However, I don’t know what kind you are thinking. I think the color would be different than the dress itself and it is a backless dress too, so it’s complicated 😔
  • Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, the dress is thick enough to hide the nipple color, just not thick enough to hide the nipple shape. I will try pp’s suggestion to add the same material to make it thicker. If that still shows, I will have to buy another dress. Thank you!
  • Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I bought them online. They have many good reviews since its one size fits all and no sewing needed if shortened, so I thought it’s a good idea. In many of their pictures I can’t see the nipples, so I didn’t pay attention to it.
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    I'd do backless full body spanx or maybe put in cups? I'm eternally grateful for my spanx on my wedding day. Their "THINSTINCS" line is so thin but makes a huge difference
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Unfortunately, this is the downside of ordering online. If they are as bad as you are saying, I would seriously consider different dresses. While that's definitely not idea, you can't expect your girls to stand by you or be in photos where they are exposed.
  • Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s my point. I don’t want the girls exposed. So either I find a trick or change the whole thing. Someone told me to wear a strapless bikini bandeau with cups inside, which is the easiest solution If I can find a matching ones.
  • Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They tried with backless spanks but it shows all the front bra lines. Not a big deal but looks unprofessional 😞
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Is the bottom see-through as well? I know I wouldn't be comfortable wearing a see-through dress. In my opinion, I think it would be easier to find an all new dress that way everyone is for sure comfortable rather than trying to find items to wear under a see-through dress.

• M
    Super January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree. It seems way easier to return these and find something that works better for everyone who will be wearing them. I don't know what your timeline is like since your date says last month. But you would only need a week or so to get something else online and instock.

• Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's perfect, I hope it works!

• Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The only problem is the top. We are good with that part, since from waist down the dress is not skin tight. They are okay with the dress but I am not, when it looks not perfect.
  • Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We postponed and waiting for covid to go yo choose a date. So, we are not in rush. My plan is to get creative since they love the dress, but if there is nothing looks good to fix it, I rather buy a new one. I bought these dresses back in February, so no return.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

If you aren't happy with it then I would recommend that you buy all new dresses. Azazie has some great options for less than $100. You can also order the dresses to try at home before you buy.

• Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If it's not “fixable“ I am definitely going to shop around. I mean online shopping 🤪
  • Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    Wait, do you guys think this would do?Bridesmaids dress too thin. How to fix? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles