We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Taylor
Just Said Yes August 2020

Bridesmaids and Groomsmen Outfits

Taylor, on March 31, 2020 at 6:23 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save
Help! My fiancé wants him and the groomsmen to wear grey suits and black shoes, I want them to wear midnight blue and brown shoes. Our bridesmaids are wearing deep teal dresses (already purchased.) Our wedding is in August in San Diego, and although the blues are darker I think they’re so much more summery than the grey. My fiancé is also blonde with a red beard and blue eyes. I think the blue suit would compliment him a lot more. Please give me honest opinions! Bridesmaids and Groomsmen Outfits 1

Bridesmaids and Groomsmen Outfits 2

10 Comments

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I really love the blue too especially because it compliments the teal dresses.

• M
    Expert January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

They are both fine. My honest opinion is that your fiancé should be allowed to choose what his attendants are wearing.

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m not trying to completely override his opinion. But he always tells me if something does or doesn’t look flattering on him, and I think grey is not flattering for his complexion
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry, I meant *he always tells me if something does or doesn’t look flattering on ME
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I personally love the gray but I would let him make that choice.
  • Megan
    Expert May 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I like the blue also, but I do feel like you need to let him pick since it's what him and his boys will wear. Have you had them try on suits? Maybe seeing the blue and how great it looks will change his mind off of the gray.
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think that’s what we’ll do!
  • M
    Dedicated October 2020
    Makayla ·
    • Flag
    Work as a team and compromise. Maybe do the gray suit and a gray and navy tie with a navy pocket swatch.
  • Ally
    Dedicated June 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    I personally like the grey better because I think the two different shades of blue clash a little too much. But I do get what you’re saying about the blue fitting his complexion better. That’s a tough one! Have him try on both colors and that might help you both come to a decision together.
  • E
    Dedicated January 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    I actually really like the grey. It helps the teal pop more!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles