Amanda
Just Said Yes April 2021

Bridesmaid proposals

Amanda, on January 4, 2020 at 12:03 AM Posted in Planning 0 14
Saved
Hey everyone! I just got engaged 12/21/19 and we aren’t getting married until April of 2021 but I am so anxious to do all the things wedding!! I really wanna do bridesmaid proposals but am having such a hard time deciding what to put in the boxes? Also, when should you ask them?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Biaani, on January 6, 2020 at 10:44 AM
  • Tara
    Savvy June 2021
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    I got engaged 12/2/19 and we’re planning on a May 2021 wedding. I plan on asking my girls by this March. I’m going to do small boxes with “proposal” cards, champagne toast candles from B&BW, some sugarfina champagne bears, some B&BW Bride Tribe hand sanitizers, ring pops and maybe some hair ties. Some people go crazy with elaborate boxes. If that’s in your budget then knock yourself out, but I personally don’t think it’s necessary.
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    I would wait until you're about a year out. Relationships can change, and you can read countless discussions on here about bridesmaid drama. If you want to fo proposal boxes, you can really do whatever you want. I bought totes bags from Homegoods for cheap that said bridesmaid or maid of honor, and then I filled them with printed photos of me with them, a small bottle of prosecco, an unbreakable champagne glass, a hand written note talking about how much they mean to me and how I would love them to stand up there with me, and a fake flower from the dollar store.
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I would wait until at least April before you ask them
  • Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Hi Amanda,
    Congratulations, you should ask your bridesmaids a year out, that's the recommend time frame, I gave silver bracelets with little hearts on them " will you be my bridesmaid " on them from TheKnotShop, there about $25, also I recommend
    jjshouse for bridesmaid dresses, I got my bridesmaids dresses from them as well as my second dress to change into after the ceremony, if you want to check out the dress, jjshouse.com, style 105912 they will wear lilac and I will wear lavender, if you do see it, PLEASE let me have your opinion of the dress! Also it's never to early to start planning, often venues and photographers are booked 2 years or more in advance, so you should start looking soon! I wish you the best of luck!!!
  • DitchingDiaz
    Dedicated November 2020
    DitchingDiaz ·
    • Flag
    One of my biggest regrets was getting super excited and asking my girls the moment I got engaged. Now I have 2 or 3 bridesmaids who really should’ve just been guests and I can’t ask them to step down because it’s not worth the drama. If you’re SUPER set on someone for your MOH, maybe just stick to doing her. 💕
  • Serenity
    Dedicated July 2022
    Serenity ·
    • Flag
    I got engaged October 5th 2019 & our wedding is set for October 2021 I sent my boxes out for Christmas 🤷🏾‍♀️ I’m so anxious and excited I can’t just not plan and have fun planning it! Lol!
  • Serenity
    Dedicated July 2022
    Serenity ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations btw!
  • C
    Savvy September 2020
    C ·
    • Flag
    Hi Amanda,

I got engaged on 12/21/19 too!!! Congrats and happy planning!!
  • Izzykern
    Super April 2021
    Izzykern ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is also in April 2021! I won’t be asking until at least one year out, but I asked my MOH already.
  • Jeanette
    Beginner May 2021
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag
    Bridesmaid proposals 1

This is what I put together for my bridesmaids proposals and they loved them.
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t do boxes, just letters, but I asked at 18 months. I don’t think you have to keep waiting if they are lifelong friends or family. If they are more recent friends or not as close then you could wait just in case it doesn’t work out.
  • Sb
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sb ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations! I asked my bridesmaids to be in our wedding in July of 2019. Our wedding is May 2020. I reserved a small banquet room at a restaurant and provided a bunch of appetizers. It was a reveal/meet and greet and the ladies had a blast. Their gifts were bags that included bath and body works lotion, a bride tribe tumblr, an “I do crew” makeup bag, candy and a face mask. I kept it simple. I also wrote each lady a personal letter and had them open cards at the same time asking them to be my MOH/BM.
  • Jai
    Rockstar May 2020
    Jai ·
    • Flag
    Things I included for my bridesmaid proposals were: favorite wine, candle, favorite candy, and a little personalized card!
  • Biaani
    Expert May 2021
    Biaani ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!

I got engaged 12/6/19 getting married April/May 2021.

I'm waiting to ask my girls maybe this May. I was thinking of just using cute cards then get them a nice gift the day of.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics