We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Laney
Just Said Yes February 2021

Bridesmaid help

Laney, on November 14, 2020 at 2:33 PM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved Save
I am so torn. We are holding a small, intimate wedding ceremony with about 40 of our family members in February 2021. I don’t know what to do about bridesmaids. I have three girls in my life who are just about equal to me in closeness. My little sister (18 yo) & my two best friends (who don’t really know each other). I really don’t want to have to pick one of them as my maid of honor. I know my sister won’t really care, but I know if I choose one best friend- the other would be upset and vise versa. I kind of want to have 3 maids of honor and no bridesmaids... would that be silly?? Would it take away the significance of the title? They all mean so much to me and I’m close to each of them in a different way. I would be honored to have all 3 of them beside me on my special day. Any thoughts/opinions would be helpful!!!

26 Comments

Latest activity by Michele, on November 16, 2020 at 11:36 AM
  • M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    If you can't pick a maid of honor, just have 3 bridesmaids without one. Decide who will sign paperwork as your legal witness.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    Either have 3 bridesmaids or make your sister your MOH to avoid making your friends upset.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Just have 3 bridesmaids.
  • Brittany
    Savvy March 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    I would just make your sister the maid of honor and let them all know it was a hard choice for you, so you chose a family member. I was in a similar situation, and I chose my sister to make it easy.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    If you really can't pick then I just wouldn't have a maid of honor.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I agree with just doing bridesmaids only
  • Laney
    Laney ·
    • Flag
    Thank y’all for your help! So with no maid of honor and only bridesmaid- who is in charge of planning all of the festivities?
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    You could skip the whole MOH thing and make them all your Friends of Honor!
  • Victoria
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    My younger sister is mine & then my best friends are all bridesmaids. Even if me and my sister weren’t close, it’s a good way to not offend friends because they know your sister is family. BUT if you’d rather have all 3 of them, who cares if people think it’s unusual. At the end of the day, your opinion is the only one that matters the most!
  • Laney
    Laney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love this idea!!!
  • Laney
    Laney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So true- thank you for that reminder!!!
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think they'll love it...it's what I'm doing 😘
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Keep repeating- this is your day, your wedding & your vision!
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes March 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I feel similarly about my bridesmaids because I am only having my little sister, two best friends, and sister-in-law by my side. I decided it was most appropriate to make my sister MOH. I felt it made the most sense for her to take on the duties such as planning the bachelorette party. But she is 24 which makes it easier to have her be the MOH choice. I think you can do whatever you want, planning a wedding right now is crazy!
  • Laney
    Laney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!!! Love this Smiley heart
  • Danielle
    Beginner September 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    I would make your sister the maid of honor then to avoid any problems with your friends
  • Katie
    Expert August 2020
    Katie Online ·
    • Flag
    If it helps, we did additional speeches since we wanted to minimize any crowding on the dance floor. Each one could say a few words at your wedding during dinner if you like 👍
  • B
    Dedicated August 2022
    Bride2Be ·
    • Flag
    I have a younger sister as well and I always knew I would make her my maid of honor because she is family and we are really close so it was a no brainer for me. But it was also easier than trying to pick out of my friends. It won’t take away from the specialness of being asked to be a bridesmaid though. Because it really is an honor to be chosen! People understand though no matter who you choose to pick! It’s about your day and what you want! Also keep in mind that whomever you choose as MOH is technically in charge of planing your bachelorette party too. Technically. I will not be having my sister plan this as she is not responsible with timeliness and always waits till the last minute so I’ll be asking a few of my bridesmaids to plan it. There’s really no wrong answer. Just do what makes you the most happy!
  • B
    Dedicated August 2022
    Bride2Be ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol I love this idea!
  • Lashonda
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Lashonda ·
    • Flag
    If one is married she’d be your Matron of honor the single one could be maid of honor and sis can be bridesmaid or u can have 3 bridesmaids no maid of honor

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles