E
Just Said Yes March 2019

Bridesmaid gifts

Elle , on March 6, 2019 at 1:46 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved
Hey all!
Just want some opinions on if you get your bridesmaids gifts when you ask them to be in the bridal party and the day of the wedding. So i just want to hear if you think they should get gifts when they are asked and/or the day of the wedding and what/how much they get

11 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on June 20, 2019 at 3:19 PM
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Getting them a gift when you ask them is a new trend, and totally not necessary if you choose not to. Save the money! However, you should definitely give them a thank you gift for being in your wedding. This is usually given at the rehearsal dinner or day of. For my girls, I got them each a large rope handled monogrammed tote, a trendy round beach towel, and a tall slender tumbler with their name and straw. I am also gifting my MOH a necklace, that has Joshua 1:9 on the pendant, with hers as an extra thank you for all she is doing (she is planning my bachelorette). I spent just under $300 for all of that, 6 bridesmaids total. My wedding is in the summer, and all of my girls go to the beach, so I think they will really like their gifts. It was important to me to gift them something they'd like and use, and wasn't related to my wedding.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

For proposal gifts, I got them a jewelry box, liquor shooter, nail polish, and hair ties that said "to have and to hold your hair back". For bachelorette favors, I'm getting them wine tumblers! For the day of gifts, they'll get a getting ready outfit (they picked it among 3 options), a tote, a tumbler, a hanger, and a letter from me. I'm also paying for their HAMU.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I would do for the wedding, because one of my friend's is getting married and I am standing up in her wedding (she is also in mine) but she gave us all small gold bracelets when she asked us to be in her wedding over two years ago. I found out today we are wearing those in her wedding, but I have no clue where mine is. I have moved twice since I was asked, so now I hope I can find it and yes this is mainly my fault but I was like oh no I have no clue where I might have put that.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Unpopular opinion here but i think proposal gifts are dumb and a waste of money. It puts a lot of pressure on people to say yes and just an unnecessary expense.

I'm getting them nice gifts as a thank you for standing with my that I'll give them the morning of the wedding.
  • Leigh
    Dedicated January 2020
    Leigh ·
    • Flag
    Just say no to bridesmaid proposals and gifts! It’s the oddest thing I’ve seen and I really hope it doesn’t become yet another required wedding activity. A thank you gift seems to be a more standard present, but I think it’s reasonable to keep it simple as long as you haven’t made significant demands on your party. I’m hoping to pay for my MOH hair & make-up and hotel, for instance, and I’m not expecting her to throw an elaborate shower or bachelorette so I will probably get her a small but thoughtful present.
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    The proposal gift is a sweet small gift you can give like a bottle of wine/booze but not neccessary; I definately think the day of or before the wedding they should get at least a bag or shoe box of gifts maybe personalized useful gifts they can use to remember your day or some fun things like booze to say they survived your wedding (all depends on your group of friends), can do personalized cuff links for the guys maybe, etc!
  • Adrianna
    Devoted June 2020
    Adrianna ·
    • Flag

Hi Elle! This is what I am doing for my bridesmaid proposal box...I am having the girls arrive early to my engagement party next month, so I can present them with their boxes. In the box will be a "will you be my bridesmaid" card, a custom mug for each girl with the wedding date, a custom pin that they can wear at the engagement party so everyone knows who they are Smiley smile I am also giving pins to the flower girl, mother of the bride (my mom) and mother of the groom. The mothers will also get their own custom mug as well.

In the proposal box, I will also include inspiration pictures of what my color palette/ theme is for the wedding, and maybe a mini wine/rosé bottle.

For the day of wedding gifts, I plan on getting silk robes embroidered for each girl so we can wear while we get ready and for pics. As of now, that's all I have for day of. My wedding isn't until June 2020, so I have time to think of what else I want to get them Smiley smile maybe a piece of jewelry or something more sentimental and personal to each girl. I have also seen brides gift embroidered handkerchiefs to each girl and the mothers.

Will you be my bridesmaid cardBridesmaid gifts 1

Bridal Party MugsBridesmaid gifts 2

Bridal Party PinsBridesmaid gifts 3

PS. I got these all made through Zazzle. They always have GREAT deals! Very affordable and you can customize the templates.

• Stephanie
    Dedicated April 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

I will be giving my bridesmaids a gift at the rehearsal dinner, They all will be given a matching clutch, jewelry, and a small compact mirror for use for the wedding. And then I'll be giving a gift personalized for each bridesmaids. One is a French coffee press and a coffee mug, another is a calligraphy set and a journal, and my MOH will get a spa robe and a gift card to her favorite spa.

• V
    Super April 2019
    Valerie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I second your unpopular opinion!

The only thing I think is more dumb then bridesmaid proposal boxes is 'promposals' - seriously my high schoolers make a bigger deal about getting asked to prom that my FH and I did about our actual engagement.

• Madison
    Devoted August 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Where did you get the round beach towel??

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think either wedding outlet or the knot shop. I can't remember.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics