Amarine
Just Said Yes July 2020

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal

Amarine, on September 11, 2019 at 2:29 PM Posted in Planning 0 17
Saved Save
I’m having a hard time deciding how to do my bridesmaids proposal. I originally thought of getting a cute box with a lot of stuff in there. But someone told me that the day of the wedding they gave a gift to them. I still want to do ask them a in cute way but like idea of getting a better gift the day of the wedding. Suggestions? How did you guy do it?

17 Comments

• Lauren
    Super September 2019
    Lauren ·

I did a box with stuff in it (see pics). I got the boxes from Amazon and filled them with mini champagne, cookies, a candle and a face mask. And for the day of gift I will be doing something smaller, a hanger with their name and a handkerchief for happy tears, with a handwritten note.

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 1

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 2

• Amber
    VIP May 2020
    Amber ·

I bought these bags off Amazon to put their favorite bottle of wine in and also gave them these cards with a handwritten paragraph about our relationship and asking them to be in my bridal party at the end!

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 3

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 4

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    You could also just do a larger single item? There's a lot of gift packages or DIYs people do that is just a box with one item in it.
  • Megan
    Expert November 2020
    Megan ·
    We got each BP member a gift personalized to them in order to ask them to be in the party (along with a nice card). As for day-of presents, we will be getting them something but FH and I still haven’t decided what to do yet.

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 5

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 6

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 7

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 8

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 9

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 10
  • Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique ·
    I bought a cute themed card for my girls and gave them a few small gifts. They got a card for their favorite Disney Princess since the wedding is Disney themed. I’ll be giving them a larger gift for the actual wedding day.

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 11
  • Nicole
    Devoted November 2019
    Nicole ·

I just did cute cards off of Etsy. They will get gifts for the actual wedding

• J
    Savvy November 2019
    Jamie ·
    I asked the ladies I was considering to meet me at the venue I chose. The venue was decorated for a wedding. I brought the 1 lady who could meet me to the altar & asked her there. I wish I could have gotten the others there too cause it was so sweet. The others I just called. It wont matter, most will be so honored no matter how you ask. Save your money for other trinkets of appreciation along the way.
  • Sara
    VIP October 2019
    Sara ·

Bridesmaid proposals are pretty trendy nowadays, but I think giving your wedding party thank you gifts (normally at the rehearsal dinner) is also pretty common. I gave my girls a box with a mini champagne, handmade zippered bag, notepad, and chocolates when I asked them, and am planning to give them a handmade tote bag/backpack, a water bottle, alcohol from the distillery where we're getting married, and a flannel shirt to get ready in at the rehearsal dinner. I think if you need to skip one round of gifts, I'd skip the proposals. You can always talk to them in person, write them a note, take them to dinner or drinks, etc.

• M
    Beginner September 2021
    Marissa ·
    I purchased bridesmaid proposal boxes off of Etsy. The box lid has their name on it , and the inside of the lid says will you be my ... and whatever their title is. They have 7 items to choose from you can pick all of them which as personalized. Or whichever ones you want. So i did the box and 3 items. It’s a little pricey but i mean when are you going to do this stuff again?!
  • FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

Proposal gifts are optional, day of gifts are required. One option is to send them a nice card "proposing" instead of a gift. For my bridesmaids, I sent them a jewelry box filled with nail polish, liquor shooters, and hair ties that said "to have and to hold your hair back" with a proposal card. On the day of, they got a letter from me, a tote, a tumbler, a getting ready outfit, a pair of socks, and I covered hair and makeup, nails, transportation, breakfast and lunch, and a chair masseuse. I also got them favors for the bachelorette party, hangover kits and wine tumblers.

• Kate
    Dedicated November 2019
    Kate ·
    I just asked my MOH & bridesmaids in person or over the phone (as it made sense). I'm saving the gift-giving for the wedding weekend! I'm paying for hair and jewelry for my 3 bridesmaids. My parents are covering my sister's hair (they paid for mine in her wedding as well). I'm tentatively planning to get everyone in the wedding party a personalized wine tumbler with their name on it, and a bottle of wine (everyone in the wedding has been 21+ for at least a couple years).
  • L
    Savvy September 2020
    ·
    I purchased proposal boxes for my party on Etsy! I ended up just ordering the boxes from Etsy with their name on the outside and the proposal question on the inside of the lid and I filled the box myself with items. The boxes that come filled already from Etsy can be pretty expensive especially if you have a bigger party (I have 8 girls). I still do plan to give all of my girls thank you gifts as well. Do your research on proposal ideas and do whatever works best for your budget!
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    What I appreciate most when being asked to be in a wedding party is NO proposal gifts, no surprises, and nothing until the bride has taliked with me in private. Details and dates and costs, and a chance to check our calendar, and maybe check with my family and hubby's to see if other weddings in planning conflict, are necessary to make a decision. Getting gifts is pressure to say yes, then later have to change to no. I have seen prospective BM publicly embarrassed, put on the spot with others around, opening gifts and having to say no, for reasons not the business of other people around. Brides always act really embarrassed when turned down. I have been one of a small group invited to dinner at a usual hangout, only to have 5 of us surprised with proposal gifts. Worse surprise: we all had to say NO. Bride had hysterics. Please, give only a gift just before the wedding, whether in private, or at a rehearsal dinner or special lunch, dinner or drinks with the bride. And buy personal items, like it is the person's birthday, not the same gift to all.
  • Ruby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Ruby ·

I got a cheap basket (it was after Easter), gave each girl a wine tumbler, bath bomb, mini champagne bottle & candy!

• Amber
    Savvy September 2022
    Amber ·
    I ordered custom puzzles on Zazzle. I covered the front then sent the boxes in the mail minus my one friend I saw in person.

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 12
  • A
    Beginner October 2021
    Anjeline ·

I just finished mine. I bought 1 small lotion from bath and body works (they gave a free iridescent bag and ribbon as well so that helped!) and a small chocolate lollipop from See's Candies! I will be including a picture of us and a small note asking to be my bridesmaid/MOH. nothing too fancy since i'm on a budget!

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

I asked my girls around Christmas, so I made them "cozy night in" themed boxes. They each had a monogrammed mug, fuzzy socks, and lots of their favorite goodies and snacks.

I just wish I took pictures!!

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 13

Bridesmaid Gift/proposal 14

Comment on this discussion