Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zarria
Beginner October 2021

Bridesmaid dresses

Zarria, on January 30, 2020 at 2:36 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
I know this is really a stupid question but I’m really curious, Am I supposed to but the bridesmaid dresses or are my bridesmaids?

11 Comments

Latest activity by MARY, on February 21, 2020 at 2:20 PM
  • gratia01
    Devoted January 2021
    gratia01 ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Usually the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses. The couple/bride often will pay for accessories and/or makeup and hair but that’s really personal preference
  • S
    August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I'm currently an MOH and bridesmaid in 3 different weddings and will be buying my dresses for all of them! My understanding is that is something I agreed to purchase when I agreed to be in the bridal party.
  • Zarria
    Beginner October 2021
    Zarria ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    I haven’t announced my wedding but I know getting those things are ASAP! I asked my MOH what she would think and she said she’s willing to pay I just have to announce my wedding and ask my other bridesmaids!
  • S
    Savvy August 2020
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Don’t be silly it’s a normal question.

I have 5 bridesmaids so thought of paying for all dresses scares me .. so I have asked my bridesmaids if they are willing to pay for dress and I will gift them with the accessories, makeup and hair
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

In America, it's typical for the wedding party to pay for their own attire.

• V
    Rockstar July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    The bridal party normally pays for their own attire, but I would check with each girl privately about their budget.
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Usually the bridesmaids know to buy it. mine bought theirs but some brides i've seen, buy it for them

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

The bridesmaids typically pay for their own but the bride should consult their budgets before picking a dress.

• L
    Lady ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Typically BM's pay. To me that makes no sense, though. I don't want to charge my friends for the honor of standing up in my wedding. I paid for my girls dresses (they were only $65 each).

• Mrs.hays
    VIP April 2018
    Mrs.hays ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Usually the bridesmaids pay! For this reason I specifically searched for really affordable options for them.
  • MARY
    Beginner May 2021
    MARY ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I am personally having my bridesmaids pay for their own dresses. I have looked into some dresses and I am trying to make it affordable. (No more than $150, shooting for $100 max) I went ahead and notified my bridesmaid pretty early on and described their bridesmaid duties in my proposal to them. (Buy dress, have hair/makeup done, be there for me, listen to me, dance & have fun at the wedding) I went ahead and put their duties in the proposal so they know up front what is expected of them and if they do not have the finances at the moment, then they have option to save as they have quite a bit of time till our wedding date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics