lmeli1207
Just Said Yes July 2021

Bridesmaid dresses with satin wedding dress

lmeli1207, on May 16, 2021 at 3:43 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved
Bridesmaid dresses with satin wedding dress 1
What kind of fabric would be good for bridesmaid dresses since my wedding dress is satin? I’m having a hard time finding bridesmaid dresses that go with my dress.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Rosie, on May 17, 2021 at 2:06 AM
  • AJ
    Super October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    Chiffon, you could have them in satin too but that might be too much. Probably stay away from velvet.
  • Natalie
    Devoted January 2022
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

I feel like satin slip dresses would be cute! And the slip style is different enough that the satin just references your dress, but doesn't look too similar to it.

I'm imagining something like this

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Chiffon. Satin Jacquard, which is tone on tone, all one color,but pRt is eo en as shiny satin, and the other part looks dull same color. But look from the other color, the second wil be shiny, and first part dill. Excellent with bridal satins, taffeta, cepe. Often labeled Bridal jacquaror crepe de chine which is lighter that chiffon, and hS no stretch.
    Bridesmaid dresses with satin wedding dress 2

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Crepe de chine is also ni e. Not shiny, and does not have that nightgown tricot look of charmeuse. Not stretchy, light and floaty but holds detailed stitching well. If you are doing a jacket top, as a suit, or pintucking the top of a dress it will look tailored.
    Bridesmaid dresses with satin wedding dress 3
    Bridesmaid dresses with satin wedding dress 4
    Soft prints tone on tone do not overwhelm satin, and pleat or gather veryeasily if you like a vintage tea length dress for BM against a long satin gown. Looks soft and breezy.
    Bridesmaid dresses with satin wedding dress 5
    If you want a quickie dress sewn up, or want to make a MoHthat is different, Crepe de Chine, with no stretch, is so easy to add a purchased embellishment, like this gold. Or with 1 attendant., make a slip dress or sheath glamorous, but no glitter or sequins. The style stands out, but distinctive in a way that is not showy. This is hard to do on and thicker or stretch material, and because of the matte surface, not overwhelm or show up bridal satin.
  • lmeli1207
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    lmeli1207 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was thinking maybe chiffon. Thank you!
  • Brittany
    Dedicated June 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I'd say keep an open mind. When we picked out my MOH's dress (only doing BM/MOH) I focused on making sure that the style and color fit what I wanted for the overall look for our wedding. The fabric isn't the same or similar to my dress and it still looks good.

• Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I like the idea of satin slip dresses or perhaps chiffon if you want a more whimsical look.

• Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

I honestly think as long as they are all the same as each other, it won't really matter -something chiffon or flowy might be a beautiful contrast to your stiffer fabric. That said, I really like more structured dresses, so mine are in jacquard. My dress:

Bridesmaid dresses with satin wedding dress 6

Their dress:

Bridesmaid dresses with satin wedding dress 7

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Very nice jacquard. I like the dress more than many BM.
  • Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I didn't want anything overly bridesmaidy, just a nice cocktail-type dress. And sleeves, since it's supposed to be chilly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics