Carlie
Just Said Yes October 2020

Bridesmaid dress conundrum!

Carlie, on January 6, 2020 at 11:20 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved Save
Hello! I am struggling so much to find dresses for my girls to wear! Our wedding theme is olive and white with gold and gray accents. Our groomsmen are wearing gray, so I would love to have olive bridesmaid dresses. I found one dress I loved on lulus for $60 but it is permanently out of stock and I just don’t know what to do with myself! I don’t like the David’s bridal Vera Wang olive color as it is very yellow-toned and oversaturated in my opinion. All I can find are pale sage green and emerald and nothing in between! Has anyone been in this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

7 Comments

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Hi Carlie,

I'm using jjshouse, for my bridesmaids dresses, I like them because many of their dresses are available in 40 colors and are made to order, I've purchased several evening dresses previously and been very happy with them, my bridesmaids dresses are style 105912 if you go on their site, l'm putting my girls in lilac, and I am getting the same dress in lavender, I'm changing into that after the ceremony, love your opinion on the dress!!! Good luck!
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    What about Amazon? They have a lot of pretty dresses. I would also look on Azazie to see if you like any of their colors. JJ House can be a hit or miss so I would be hesitant to purchase anything from them. I looked at David's Bridal and that's the color I think of when I think olive green so I am not sure what exactly you are looking for. To me, it doesn't look yellow at all, but that's just my opinion.
  • Allyson
    Devoted February 2020
    Allyson ·
    • Flag
    I looked everywhere for periwinkle dresses and only found them at Azazie. Maybe check there or Birdy Grey!
  • Megan
    Rockstar November 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Bridesmaid dress conundrum! 1
    You could check out Revelry! They have a few different greens. Check out the colors Eucalyptus and Olive.
  • Carlie
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Carlie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just bought the swatch page from the revelry and in person the colors look totally different! So frustrating!
  • Megan
    Rockstar November 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes that’s very frustrating. The unfortunate part about shopping online...not being able to tell if you’ll actually like the color or not.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Have you checked Azazie? They have a color called Moss. Online it looks more pea green, but if you request a swatch, it maybe more muted in person? My bridesmaid dresses came from Azazie and I have nothing but positive things to say about the company. I chatted with their customer service people online and they sent me swatches for free. It's worth a shot.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics