Krystle
Dedicated October 2019

Bridal Shower & Wedding Thank You

Krystle, on August 15, 2019 at 12:00 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 15
Saved Save

So my bridal shower is on August 25 and my wedding is October 19. Would it make sense to send the thank you cards in one after the wedding since they are semi close together or should I send out separate thank you cards for each? I feel like it would just be repetitive to send two thank you cards out so close together.

15 Comments

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    Send them out separately. Most showers are within a similar proximity to the wedding as yours. You want to send shower thank you's within a few weeks of the shower, so the guests should be getting it well before the wedding date.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·

You need to send out separate thank you cards especially since your shower thank you cards should go out within a week or two of the shower. Your wedding and shower are nearly two months away from each other so that is nowhere close enough to wait. It might be different if your shower was the week before the wedding but it isn't.

• Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    Yes you need to send two separate thank you cards.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

I agree, send one thank you card for the shower, another for the wedding!

• Emily
    Savvy October 2019
    Emily ·
    My shower is August 24th and my wedding is October 18th! I just thought that was funny.. lol. Looks like 2 thank you’s is the verdict
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

If someone gives you two gifts there's absolutely nothing repetitive about thanking them twice. Your shower guests shouldn't have to wait months for a thank you.

• Krissyl
    Devoted October 2019
    Krissyl ·
    My shower is this weekend and wedding 10/4 and I'm sending separate thank yous. Not only because people probably will be giving separate gifts for each, it's also for the fact that since showers are typically all women, youd be thanking "Aunt Sue" for the shower and then the wedding would be "aunt sue and uncle jack." I think its polite to acknowledge and thank the person for coming to the shower and then for coming to the wedding as separate events.
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    I would send thank yous out yes.

Regardless of it feeling repetitive, it's thoughtful and a way of acknowledging effort to send a thank you.

After bridal shower, wedding, engagement party, etc. Every event.

Of course this is just my opinion.
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    My bridal shower April 14th and my wedding was June 14th. I sent thank yous for both. You should too.
  • Krystle
    Dedicated October 2019
    Krystle ·
    Thanks everyone, looks like I’ll be sending two!
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

My shower was in the middle of May, our wedding in the middle of July so around the same timeline. I sent shower thank yous out right after the shower (like two days later) along with early wedding gifts. Then wedding thank yous after the wedding.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I sent two thank you cards since it would be for two different events. My thank you cards for the shower were a part of the little favor bags given out though
  • Meaghan
    Savvy June 2020
    Meaghan ·

They are almost two months apart. Your friends and family are being generous with their time and money attending both of your events, a thank you note for both events is an absolute must.

• Suzie
    Devoted October 2020
    Suzie ·

Social etiquette is within 2 weeks after pre-wedding events for thank yous. Since they should be personalize, ex. “Thanks aunt Karen for the serving plates,” you should def send two invites.

• Rachel
    Devoted October 2019
    Rachel ·

You should probably make your best efforts to send them separate. Typically, thank-you cards should be out in the mail within a week of the event.

Comment on this discussion