Cassi
Devoted August 2022

Bridal party talk😇

Cassi, on September 28, 2020 at 6:20 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved
So I just had my engagement party-my official one-and it was such a success!! I have been posting and getting advice in here and most of it has helped! I made the cutest proposal bags/and though I’m not getting married until 2022 there is no such thing as too early(in my opinion) to propose to my girls and in especially a time like this it gives everyone a good time to prepare!-so the meat of this discussion: I decided to make everyone bridesmaids because there’s only 3 and I couldn’t pick just one however only 2 have genuinely expressed and shown interest in being maid of honor. I had one come to me after they received their bags and everything and I’m wishing I had chosen the two maid of honors. Without offending anyone what would you guys recommend? I’m gathering the one girl only wants to be a bridesmaid(maybe for her own reasons) and that she’s ok with that. The other two are vocal, I feel like one would be dedicated more than the other but they both are great friends of mine! All 3 are but I wouldn’t want to make them all 3 maid of honors😣

13 Comments

Latest activity by Yasmine, on September 28, 2020 at 8:08 PM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn't do two MOHs and one bridesmaid. I'd either choose one MOH and two bridesmaids, or keep everyone as bridesmaids. As far as who you choose (if you decide to choose a MOH), I recommend selecting the person you feel closest to, as opposed to who would do the most work for your wedding.
  • Molly
    Expert August 2021
    Molly ·
    • Flag

The only worry about proposing to your bridesmaids that far out, is your relationships could change. There are many forums on here of brides talking about having trouble with their relationship with their bridesmaids.

I would not make two the MOH. If you had more bridesmaids I could see that as an option. However, it will look like you're excluding the other bridesmaid (even if she doesn't want to be a MOH).

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    I have two MOH!
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Lisa! It’s so hard cuz the one girl though we’ve been friends like a year longer and we are close-I kind of was a little turned off that she was like pressuring me a little bit. And was like “you know when I got married it was supposed to be you” as her MOH. I did good phasing out of the convo but it kinda pinched a little and she kept reiterating that she wouldn’t be upset regardless who I chose but Idk 😪
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right! Good point and that’s exactly how I was feeling. I threw it out there as a topic but I genuinely don’t wanna do that whether she’s ok with it or not. The friend I was having this discussion with was kind of pressuring a little bit and I didn’t like that. She was saying she wouldn’t be upset no matter who I chose but I think she was just saying that, I think she’d be pissed.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Really!?! See my bridal party is super small. I have 3 on my side and 3 in my future wife’s side. She’s good with who she’s selected but I run the risk of excluding someone or pissing someone off😓
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally makes sense! Don't let anyone pressure you into a decision. It is your day, and you get to pick things how you want them. If you're unsure, you can always wait a while before you make a decision. I've read a lot on these forums about people who picked their wedding party too soon, and then regretted it later. There's no harm in waiting just to make sure relationships don't change, and also so you feel more confident in your decisions.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s a really good idea!! Thank you! I guess it was kinda safe to make them all bridesmaids and if I upgrade one of them it’ll just be a plus🤗I mean the one girl on my side of party has take so much charge and put so much thought into things and just been overall so super involved whether it’s planning or just convo and the other just kind of sat back. I feel it’s messed up to pressure someone into a title at the end of the day and you didn’t do much to put in earning that. Idk I’ll definitely think on it!
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I get it. I have 6 total 4 bridesmaids and 2 MOH. Do you think 1 would get offended if you only chose 1 MOH?
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Absolutely! I don’t think she’d show it but I definitely think she would be upset and it’s kind of not right. Like I was explaining in a previous reply, the one I would likely choose she has taken initiative and is just overall really involved and everything with planning and being a part of our day on top of our tight relationship! I think the other girl just wants the title bc of how long we have been friends 😐
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah the time you’ve been friends with someone doesn’t really matter because you could meet someone tomorrow and end up developing a better relationship than someone of 10 years. At least that’s what I’ve noticed.

I would choose the one who takes initiative, or make them both MOH.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I think I will go with the one who takes the most initiative
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re welcome. Goodluck!