Amina
Dedicated January 2020

Bridal party sucks

Amina, on August 18, 2019 at 9:53 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 8
Saved
So I’m coming down to my last straw of patience with my bridal party. I’ve been begging them to start ordering their dresses and not a single person has done so, I’ve pushed back the deadline to order twice already. One girl had already dropped out due to starting PA school even tho it was still like 7/8 months before the wedding. Another girl dropped out of the bachelorette party to Cancun which will now cause the other girls payment to increase and possibly cause the trip to be canceled. Another girls father is in jail for a DUI and wants to go visit him around the wedding and idk if she’s trying to tell me she can’t be in the wedding anymore or not either. 2 more bridesmaids last night told me they won’t be at the venue until 3pm the day of the wedding when it starts at 3:30 because they don’t want to get their makeup done too early and are confused as to why I would be upset about that asking what do I want them to do. I want you to be around the morning of my wedding.. that’s what I want... there’s pictures that morning and time I just want to spend with my close friends before I become a married woman and they just don’t seem to care. I told them they can just sit with the guests if their makeup is that much more important than being around. I really am starting to crumble under all this bridesmaid stress. Everything else for the wedding has gone perfect until this, they are just completely ruining this for me

8 Comments

Latest activity by Florida Marlins, on August 18, 2019 at 5:51 PM
  • Michelle
    VIP December 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry you are going through all this. Weeding parties can be difficult. But Your friends father that's in Jail for a DUI, he'll still be in jail in Jan for a DUI??? And ok if he is why can't she visit him the four months before your wedding???? Sounds like she doesn't want to be a BM. And why your BMaids telling you they're not coming before 3 sounds crazy to me. You need some new friends

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Yikes. I'd be annoyed too !
  • Eshell
    Devoted July 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    So sorry you going through this. That’s why my bridal party is ALL first female cousins. I’ve chosen to not put ANY of my female girlfriends in my wedding! My COUSMAIDS won’t stress me out because that’s just the type of family we are !
  • Devin
    Super October 2019
    Devin ·
    • Flag
    If they have bought dresses yet you could decide to not have a wedding party.
  • Devin
    Super October 2019
    Devin ·
    • Flag
    *have not bought
  • Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag
    I guess I’m going to go against the grain and say I don’t understand why their legitimate excuses would stress you out.

If they cant be in the wedding party it’ll be okay. Just proceed with your planning. Also dropping out of an expensive bachelorette party is probably what is financially best for that bridesmaid. You wouldn’t want her going into debt for a trip.

Try to take a step back from bride-mode and view it from their perspective. It’s a lot to be in a bridal party. It’s better they communicate their struggles now than back out closer to your wedding date.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I agree with PP. Also, there's still time for your bridal party to get their dresses later. Try not to panic so much Smiley smile

• Florida Marlins
    Expert October 2017
    Florida Marlins ·
    • Flag

I agree with pp's - just tell them if they are unable to be in a wedding party due to finances, you understand. It should not be a friendship ending move unless you want it to be one. I could not afforded, in my 20's a bach party to Cancun plus the costs of being a bridesmaid. I would said upfront that I can't go, but that is me.

Please just "fire" them, lol. That seems to be a thing these days.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics