Bettina
Beginner November 2020

Bouquet or not to Bouquet?

Bettina, on July 10, 2020 at 10:42 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 1 21
Saved
Hey everyone! So I’m planning my wedding for November and I really wanted to do bouquets and possibly an alternative to them just because I like something different. I also considered not doing a bouquet for my wedding party at all because I’m also trying to save money. I don’t mind DIY, but I want it to look nice. Our theme is geometric and modern (math teachers Smiley smile) I’m currently doing candles everywhere to help with pricing as well...and I love the look. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Bettina, on July 19, 2020 at 9:29 AM
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

I'm suddenly thinking I want a wrist bouquet - something traditional yet completely different.

Bouquet or not to Bouquet? 1

• Rebecca
    Devoted September 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    We did sola wood flowers and they were perfect! You can order them through a company already made, or dye them and arrange them yourself!

I think it could also be fun to create a “paper” bouquet and incorporate some fun 3D shapes! (I’m an English teacher and really wanted to incorporate books in our decor somehow-now I have an extra year to figure that out!)
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    I did not do bouquets for my wedding party. They carried Christmas wreaths for my December wedding that I made. I went to hobby lobby and found a light up ornament to put in the center and did some work to get it to all come together. I recommend just going to the craft shop to see what you find. I was not looking the day I got The inspiration for the wreaths. I love unique carry items though. I see many weddings that do lanterns. You could have them actually carry a candle as well. There are tons of ideas online ranging from a single flower to books to a fan for unique carry items. Bouquet or not to Bouquet? 2

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Did you not want flowers in general? Here’s ideas people did for alternatives to bouquets:
    https://www.onefabday.com/alternatives-to-the-traditional-wedding-bouquet/

• Bettina
    Beginner November 2020
    Bettina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I thought of doing those as well!! I love florals, I’m just trying to be as cost effective as possible. I’m still considering the corsage because it’s unique and beautiful!
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

There are some very economical fake flowers on Etsy.

• Bettina
    Beginner November 2020
    Bettina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s nice! That could be an option. I taught English as well, so I like the book idea 😊 looking at sola flowers now, thanks!
  • Bettina
    Beginner November 2020
    Bettina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! That’s beautiful! I considered single flowers and candles as well. I even bought the gold rings to create a wreath as a possibility. I’ve been on Pinterest and hobby lobby sites and I think I’m having idea overload because there are so many great one! Lol
  • Bettina
    Beginner November 2020
    Bettina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I will check them out. I love flowers and I will use them, I just wanted nice ones for an affordable price if I did. I’ve seen some really expensive quotes from florists and it’s bogging my mind!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I got mine as artificial from Michaels and it was super cheap ! So if you’re ok with artificial then you could try a craft store
  • Bettina
    Beginner November 2020
    Bettina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, I found someone I’m interested in possibly using. Her pictures are beautiful!
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I used Sola wood flowers. $200 for all the dye, flowers, wire, floral tape and glue for 8 bouquets, 16 boutonnieres and 6 corsages. I still have flowers left over!

I have also seen bridesmaids carry clutches. If you are a fan of dogs I have seen brides work with a local shelter and had bridesmaids walk down the isle with adoptable dogs Smiley smile

• Meghan
    Dedicated November 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I’m actually considering alternative bouquets for my wedding as well! I’m looking at incorporating lanterns with fairy lights, but when I read your theme, I instantly thought of hanging geometric terrariums. You could have them filled with fairy lights with or sans flowers. It looks like you can find them pretty easily online, too—Amazon has a ton of options!Bouquet or not to Bouquet? 3

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    Not sure this matches your theme, but we have friends that did dream catchers instead of bouquets.
  • Dana
    Savvy January 2021
    Dana ·
    • Flag
    I was thinking about cluches or a single flower. I'm not sold on either! Great question.
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Fiftyflowers.com has a huge variety of inexpensive fresh flowers to make your own bouquet.
  • Kaitlin
    Beginner August 2020
    Kaitlin ·
    • Flag
    I’m not having a bouquet and neither are my bridal party! Flowers are not that important to me to include them. My bridal party are carrying decorative hand fans though.
  • Samantha
    Dedicated July 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

A math teacher friend of mine used pages out of an old math text book (after a curriculum adoption) and made them into origami flowers and incorporated them into a lot of her bouquet.

• Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

My Bridesmaid Will Have a A Single Flower Wand, And I Will Be Collecting Half Of My Bouquet As I Walk Down The Aisle From Family.

• Kellyann
    Dedicated July 2020
    Kellyann ·
    • Flag
    My maid of honor is making paper daisies for me and bridal party. I got music from Nightmare before Christmas because its my favorite!
    Bouquet or not to Bouquet? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics